Following the latest reveal of all things Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin, Capcom has now offered details regarding the game’s multiplayer functions, covering co-op quests and versus battles. For your reading leisure, we have rounded up everything divulged and you can see it all right here:
In Multiplayer, you can connect with players from around the world! Team up in Co-Op Expedition Quests or face off against each other in Versus Battles.If one of you engages a monster while out in the field, the other player can enter the fray and lend a helping hand.Join forces with other Riders from around the world to search for rare eggs and take down fearsome monsters together.
Track down eggs and encounter monsters you cannot find anywhere else!:
- In Co-Op Expedition Quests, you can connect with another Rider from anywhere in the world and explore special areas only accessible via Multiplayer. This is a great way to get your hands on monster eggs.
- There are multiple nests in each area, which means more chances to acquire rare eggs. You can even get your hands on many eggs during one expedition.
- You will need to obtain special in-game Expedition Tickets in order to embark on Co-Op Expedition quests.
- There are different types of Expedition Tickets, categorized by rarity level. If you use a rare Expedition Ticket, you will be able to obtain harder-to-find eggs.
- For Co-Op Slaying Quests, you can join forces with another Rider and take down quest-specific monsters.
- You may even find monsters here that you cannot encounter anywhere else!
- In Co-Op Trial Quests, you can challenge yourself to meet various conditions while battling to defeat quest-specific monsters.
Test the strength of your beloved Monsties!
- In Versus Battles, up to four players can battle at once.
- Pit the Monsties that you have raised against those of other players to see who will come out on top.
- There are different types of rules you can set before a Versus Battle. Try a fair match with Balanced Rules, which will set you and your opponent to the same level. Or go all-out with No Limit Rules, in which there are no level restrictions. For a brief Versus Battle, try Quick Rules, during which each of the participating players has only one Heart apiece.