Welcome to M64 Selects, the feature series where we head over to the Switch eShop with a keyword in mind and highlight four of the games that pop up.
In today’s installment to get us in the Halloween Spirit, our keyword is none other than Spooky Games and these are the four games selected by yours truly:
*All games listed are from newest to oldest and it is not required they feature the keyword in their title.
Release Date: October 23, 2020
Players: 1 Player
Genre: Adventure, Action
Publisher: Headup Games
Game File Size: 2.9 GB
Pumpkin Jack is a spooky scary 3D platformer in which you embody Jack, the Mythical Pumpkin Lord! Dive into an Epic Adventure through otherworldly landscapes and help the Evil annihilate the Good!
• Colorful Cartoon Setting: Travel through lurid landscapes in levels featuring alluring atmospheres, each crafted with vibrant color palettes, and high-quality lighting effects
• Fight For Your Life: With challenging beasts lurking around every corner, players must master the art of combo attacks; dodging, and timing to survive dynamic real-time battles! Players must unlock weapons and choose wisely in order to strike down all who oppose them
• Don’t Lose Your Head: Solve puzzles that focus on physics; gravity, and reflection as Jack, or ditch the skinsuit and just use your flaming head to burn books; hammer some moles, create paths for magic spheres; and more as each level introduces new and exciting challenges
• Find Friends to Fight at Your Side: Helpful companions are there to assist Jack on his journey, including a haughty hooty owl to guide him along; and a snarky crow, itching to assist with long-range attacks
Dive into an epic adventure and help the evil annihilate the good!
Follow the will of the devil himself and slay your nemesis in an epic quest that will take you on a journey in the Boredom Kingdom, a mythical realm shattered by the curse. You will meet friends along the way, from a haughty owl to a snarky crow!
Jump, run & climb to carve your own way in unique levels!
Pumpkin Jack is a classic 3D Platformer before anything else! Every level will challenge you through several themed platforms, all giving you new trials to complete.
Fight for your life against evil beasts by using awesome unlockable weapons!
You will have to master the arts of dodging, timing and movement to vanquish Jack’s foes. During the dynamic real time battles, choose which weapon you want to use and strike at the critical moment!
Face breathtaking challenges and discover tons of original gameplays!
Solve puzzles that focus on physics, gravity and reflection. Inhabit a pumpkin head and burn books, hammer some moles, create a path for magic spheres… But also more! In each level, you will be faced with an action sequence using a new exclusive gameplay!
Release Date: October 31, 2019
Players: Up to 8 players
Genre: Adventure, Action
Developer: Next Level Games
Game File Size: 7.1 GB
Luigi’s invited to the towering Last Resort hotel, but when Mario and friends go missing, our green-clad hero will have to conquer his fears to save them! Slam, blow away, and vacuum up ghosts with the all-new Poltergust G-00, and join forces with Gooigi to overcome the puzzling contraptions and mischievous boss on each themed floor. And that’s just the Last Resort. Enter the ScareScraper for 8-player local wireless or online co-op gameplay.
See if you can defeat all the ghosts, rescue all the toads, or clear other objectives before time runs out…in the ScareScraper! And for more mini-game madness, compete on teams at the ScreamPark! Whether you play with friends or wander the hotel alone, you’ll be sucked in by the atmospheric music and ghoulish décor of every cobwebby corner you explore. Why not take in the cinematic sights and sounds with a friend? In the main adventure, you and a friend can play together as Luigi and Gooigi in two-player co-op! Gooigi can walk on spikes, slip through tight spaces, and help Luigi overcome obstacles he can’t tackle alone. Never hurts to have a friend in this hotel; it may not be very spooky, but Luigi begs to differ!
• Catch ghosts and solve puzzles to rescue Mario and friends in the Last Resort hotel
• Each floor of this towering hotel is themed, from the décor to the puzzles to boss!
• Utilize the functions of the all-new Poltergust G-00: Pummel ghosts with a Slam, break through defenses with the Suction Shot, and blow back groups with a Burst
• Luigi can call upon and control Gooigi, his all-green doppelganger, who can do what Luigi can’t
• Gooigi can slip through tight spaces, walk on spikes, and help Luigi overcome obstacles
• Change between Luigi and Gooigi in single player, or let a friend play as Gooigi for 2-player co-op
• Up to 8 players can work together to ascend the Scarescaper via local wireless or online
• It’s Team Luigi vs. Team Gooigi in a mini-game battle to see which is the ultimate team of ghost hunters
Release Date: October 04, 2019
Players: 1 player
Genre: Action, Adventure
Publisher: Saber Interactive Incorporated
Developer: Saber Interactive Incorporated
Game File Size: 3.4 GB
The beloved and critically acclaimed Ghostbusters video game is back and remastered for Nintendo Switch!
Strap on your proton pack once again and join the Ghostbusters on the adventure with the voice and likeness of the original crew as you battle to save New York!
Authentic Ghostbusters Experience – The game features the voices and in-game likenesses of Bill Murray, Dan Aykroyd, Harold Ramis, and Ernie Hudson in an original story penned by the writers of the original films – Dan Aykroyd and Harold Ramis.
Unique Gameplay – Experience unique ghost hunting, wrangling and trapping with upgradeable weapons in widely destructible environments. Test the team’s mettle with large scale boss fights.
Storyline Campaign – Play through a unique storyline as the player battles and captures ghosts – both well-loved and brand new – throughout New York.
Release Date: October 09, 2018
Players: 1 Player
Genre: Puzzle, Action, Other
Publisher: GameMill Entertainment
Game File Size: 389 MB
The walk home from school today is going to be a lot spookier than usual… Your sleepy neighborhood’s been overrun by monsters! Werewolves prowl the woods, Gnomes roam underfoot, and scarecrows walk at midnight. But these aren’t ordinary monsters—they’re R.L. Stine’s famous Goosebumps monsters, released from their books and looking to wreak havoc!
You’ll need to use your wits to investigate the surroundings, puzzle out clues, and outsmart the monsters before it’s too late! Survive a trek through your neighborhood, unravel the mysteries of the Dead House, and sneak through the mall after hours; only then can you confront Slappy and stop his plans for revenge!
See anything you like? Let us know and feel free to comment some of your own choice keywords that you’d like us to check out in future installments!Tags: Gaming, Ghostbusters: The Video Game Remastered, Goosebumps The Game, Luigi's Mansion 3, M64 Selects, Miketendo64, Nintendo Switch, Pumpkin Jack, Spooky, Spooky Games
This post was written by Mike Scorpio