Jump into your Podracers and get ready to race like it is 1999! Star Wars Episode I: Racer is out now on Nintendo Switch. Developed by Aspyr Media for modern consoles, Star Wars Episode I Racer originally released on the Nintendo 64. It was meant to release back in May but it was ultimately delayed. However, it was announced last week that the game has been given a new release date of June 23rd and here we are!
Star Wars Episode I Racer is now available to download from the Nintendo Switch eShop for $14.99.
About Star Wars Episode l: Racer
It’s a race unlike any other! Star Wars Episode l: Racer lets players take control of a podracer, speeding through flaming methane lakes, Tusken Raider assaults, anti-gravity tunnels, and much more in a pulse-pounding, do-or-die fight to the finish line.
- 25 playable racers including Anakin Skywalker, Sebulba, and Ratts Tyerell
- Race tracks spanning eight unique planets including Tatooine, Baroonda, and Malastare
- Players can work with pit droids to upgrade their podracer for higher top speeds and acceleration
- Discover short-cuts and secrets to master lap times
- Play single-player campaigns or multiplayer via split-screen
If you are still on the fence about purchasing the game, why not check out some gameplay footage we have recorded of the game running in Docked Mode on Nintendo Switch.
Star Wars Episode I Racer – M64 Switch Gameplays
Tags: Aspyr, Gameplay, Nintendo, Nintendo Switch, Star Wars Episode I: Racer Gameplay, Star Wars Racer, Star Wars: Episode I Racer
This post was written by Mike Scorpio