“May the force be with you.”
If you’re wishing to travel to a galaxy far, far away, you’re in luck, because the Nintendo Switch has plenty of Star Wars games for players to lose themselves in:
Star Wars PinballRelease Date: September 13, 2019 (EU & NA) / December 13, 2019 (JP) Players: up to 4 players Genre: Simulation, Application Game File Size: 1.4 GB
Feel the power of the Force™ in Star Wars™ Pinball!
19 TABLES CELEBRATING A GALAXY FAR, FAR AWAY
• Movie Adaptations: Episodes IV – VIII; Rogue One: A Star Wars Story; Solo: A Star Wars Story • TV Adaptations: Star Wars: The Clone Wars and Star Wars Rebels • Characters: Han Solo, Darth Vader, Lando Calrissian in the Calrissian Chronicles table, Boba Fett, Droids • Locations: Ahch-To Island, Mimban • Themes: Jedi versus Sith in Masters of the Force, X-wings vs. TIE fighters in Starfighter Assault, or experience the Might of the First Order
NINTENDO SWITCH™ EXCLUSIVE FEATURES AND MODES
In addition to HD Rumble and vertical play, Star Wars Pinball boasts several new features and modes exclusive to Nintendo Switch as a standalone product: • Galactic Struggle: Every Star Wars Pinball player in the galaxy will choose to support the light or dark side in a perpetual online digital tug-of-war between the forces of good and evil. Which path will you choose? • Career Mode: Designed with short on-the-go gameplay sessions in mind, this mode challenges you to complete very specific pinball-based missions across all 19 tables. o Choose the path of the Jedi or the Sith as you progress through 50 career ranks. o Some missions involve mastering awesome Star Wars-themed mini-games that might be difficult for some players to access through regular play, such as piloting an X-wing or TIE fighter or fighting Darth Vader in a lightsaber duel. • Force Powers and Talents: Collect Holocron Shards during missions to unlock Force powers and talents that yield special in-game bonuses when activated, such as multipliers, slowing down time and more. • Cantina Jukebox: Collect the greatest tunes in the galaxy as you play each table. Once you’ve heard a song, you can listen to it any time you like in the game lobby.
Also, challenge anyone in the galaxy through Galactic Tournaments, League Play and, of course, old-fashioned high scores achieved through Single Player mode.
STAR WARS Jedi Knight II: Jedi OutcastRelease Date: September 24, 2019 (EU & NA) Players: 1 player Genre: Action, Adventure Game File Size: 1.1 GB
Kyle Katarn’s classic adventure lands on Nintendo Switch™! Experience the legendary single-player epic with modernized controls.
- As Kyle Katarn, agent of the New Republic, use your Lightsaber and the full power of the Force to combat a new evil plaguing the galaxy.
- Choose wisely from an arsenal of 13 weapons including disruptor rifle, thermal detonators, trip mines, and Wookiee bowcaster.
- Test your skills in 24 single-player missions, four epic boss fights, and one unforgettable cantina.
STAR WARS Jedi Knight: Jedi AcademyRelease Date: March 26, 2020 (EU & NA) Players: up to 16 players Genre: Action, Adventure Game File Size: 3.6 GB
The online multiplayer classic comes to Nintendo Switch™ with modernized controls. Take on the role of a new student eager to learn the ways of the Force from Jedi Master Luke Skywalker.
- Play with up to 16 online players in six online multiplayer modes including: Siege, Capture the Flag, and Free for All.
- Customize your character by defining both look and gender before entering the Academy to learn the power and dangers of the Force.
- Construct your own Lightsaber from handle to blade. As you progress, discover the power of wielding two Lightsabers or the ultimate double-bladed Lightsaber made famous by Darth Maul.
- Interact with famous STAR WARS characters in many classic STAR WARS locations as you face the ultimate choice: fight for good and freedom on the light side or follow the path of power and evil to the dark side.
STAR WARS Episode I: RacerRelease Date: June 23, 2020 (EU & NA) Players: up to 2 players Genre: Racing Game File Size: 226 MB
The fan-favorite racer is back featuring motion controls!Take control of a podracer speeding through flaming methane lakes, Tusken Raider assaults, anti-gravity tunnels, and much more in a pulse-pounding, do-or-die fight to the finish line. Key Features: ■ Choose from 25 playable racers including: Anakin Skywalker, Sebulba, and Ratts Tyerell ■ Race tracks spanning 8 unique worlds including: Tatooine, Baroonda, and Malastare ■ Work with Pit Droids to upgrade your podracer for higher top speeds and acceleration ■ Discover short-cuts and secrets to master your lap times.
STAR WARS Republic CommandoRelease Date: April 6, 2021 (EU & NA) Players: 1 player Genre: Adventure, Action Game File Size: 2.5 GB
Boss, Fixer, Scorch, and Sev, better known as Delta Squad, are back on Nintendo Switch™! Relive the legendary campaign.Welcome to the Clone Wars: Chaos has erupted throughout the galaxy. As leader of an elite squad of Republic Commandos, your mission is to infiltrate, dominate, and ultimately annihilate the enemy. Battle Relentless Enemies: Battle a variety of highly intelligent and deadly enemies—from brutal Trandoshan mercenaries to the flying insectoid warriors of Geonosis. The Squad is Your Weapon: Your squad will follow your orders, performing complex commands and strategic maneuvers. You are their leader. They are your weapon.
STAR WARS: Knights of the Old RepublicRelease Date: November 11, 2021 (EU & NA) Players: 1 player Genre: Role-Playing, Adventure, Action Game File Size: 12 GB
Four thousand years before the Galactic Empire, hundreds of Jedi Knights have fallen in battle against the ruthless Sith and you are the last hope of the Jedi Order. Can you master the awesome power of the Force and save the Republic? Or will you fall to the lure of the dark side?
- A Star Wars epic set in the untouched era before the rise of the Empire, filled with unique characters, creatures, vehicles and planets.
- A deep RPG experience with customizable characters and meaningful choices that impact the story, your squad, and even yourself.
- Harness the power of the Force with over 40 different abilities and wield your own lightsaber.
- Adventure through eight enormous and iconic Star Wars worlds, including Tatooine and Kashyyyk, in your own starship, the Ebon Hawk.
- Choose your party from and build everlasting bonds with nine unique crewmates, including Twi’leks, droids and Wookies.
Hero or villain, savior or conqueror… you alone will determine the fate of the entire galaxy!
LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker SagaRelease Date: April 05, 2021 (EU & NA) Players: 1- 2 players Genre: Action Game File Size: 14.2 GB The galaxy is yours in LEGO® Star Wars™: The Skywalker Saga. Experience memorable moments and nonstop action from all nine Skywalker saga films reimagined with signature LEGO humor. The digital edition includes an exclusive classic Obi-Wan Kenobi playable character.
- Explore the Trilogies in Any Order – Players will relive the epic story of all nine films in the Skywalker Saga, and it all starts with picking the trilogy of their choice to begin the journey.
- Play as Iconic Heroes and Villains –More than 300 playable characters from throughout the galaxy.
- Discover Legendary Locales – Players can visit well known locales from their favorite Skywalker saga films. They can unlock and have the freedom to seamlessly travel to 23 planets as they play through the saga or explore and discover exciting quests.
- Command Powerful Vehicles – More than 100 vehicles from across the galaxy to command. Join dogfights and defeat capital ships like the Super Star Destroyer that can be boarded and explored.
- Immersive Player Experiences – String attacks together to form combo chains and fend off oncoming attacks. New blaster controls and mechanics allow players to aim with precision, or utilize the skills of a Jedi by wielding a lightsaber and using the power of The Force.
- Upgradable Character Abilities – Exploration rewards players as they uncover Kyber Bricks which unlock new features and upgraded abilities across a range of character classes, including Jedi, Hero, Dark Side, Villain, Scavenger, Scoundrel, Bounty Hunter, Astromech Droid, and Protocol Droid.
STAR WARS: The Force UnleashedRelease Date: April 20, 2021 (EU & NA) Players: 1 – 2 players Genre: Action, Adventure Game File Size: 4 GB You are Starkiller, Darth Vader’s secret apprentice, who has been trained to hunt down and destroy the Jedi. Take advantage of devastating Force powers and lightsaber combos to do Darth Vader’s bidding. Similar to the 2008 release on the Nintendo Wii™, use the Nintendo Joy-Con motion controls to truly feel the destructive power of the Force or challenge a friend to a 1v1 in the local multiplayer Duel mode! **Play as Darth Vader’s “Secret Apprentice”** –Destroy all who stand in your way in your ultimate quest to serve Lord Vader. Discover the untold story of the Secret Apprentice set between STAR WARS: Revenge of the Sith and STAR WARS: A New Hope. **Unleash Epic Force Powers!** –Just like it’s original release on the Nintendo Wii, players can unleash devastating Force powers and lightsaber combos using the Nintendo Joy-Con’s optional motion controls. **Local Multiplayer Duel Mode.** –Choose from 27 characters to battle a friend in a local multiplayer mode to determine the galaxy’s most powerful Jedi! **Travel the Star Wars galaxy.** –Defeat Jedi Masters on familiar worlds, including Cloud City and the Wookiee homeworld Kashyyyk, or at other unique locations like the floral planet Felucia and the junk planet Raxus Prime.
STAR WARS: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith LordsRelease Date: June 8, 2022 (EU & NA) Players: 1 player Genre: Role-Playing, Action, Adventure Game File Size: 15.7 GB In this standalone sequel to the award-winning RPG STAR WARS: Knights of the Old Republic, the Sith Lords have hunted the Jedi to the edge of extinction and are on the verge of crushing the Old Republic. With the Jedi Order in ruin, the Republic’s only hope is a lone Jedi in exile struggling to reconnect with the Force. Lead a diverse crew of unique allies, make difficult choices with far-reaching consequences, and decide your destiny. Will you follow the light side and save the Galaxy, or succumb to the dark side and bring it all down…
- A Standalone Sequel: Experience the follow-up to the acclaimed STAR WARS™: Knights of the Old Republic™ in this original RPG epic set in the darkest days of the Old Republic.
- Choose Your Destiny: Discover your past and make difficult choices that aren’t as clear-cut as “good or evil.” Each decision can have a significant impact on your story and your squad. Will you uphold the Jedi Order, or lead the galaxy to ruin?
- Master the Force: Choose from three different Jedi classes, each able to wield specific Force powers, and customize your characters with unique skills and abilities.
- Lead Your Crew: Command a party of diverse crewmates, each with their own strengths, alignments and nuanced back stories. Your actions will influence your crew’s destinies, but not everyone may agree with the choices you make…
- The Sith Lords Restored Content DLC: Expand your experience even further with this incredible collection of content featuring new crew dialogue and interactions, a bonus mission starring HK-47, and a new revamped ending, coming as free DLC post-launch.
Upcoming New Adventures:
STAR WARS: HuntersRelease Date: 2023
Players: To be determined
Game File Size: 300 MB
STAR WARS: Hunters™ will connect players in real time to battle in settings inspired by iconic STAR WARS locales. Players will join squads of all-new and authentic characters, including daring Bounty Hunters, heroes of the Rebellion and Imperial stormtroopers, in an action game that immerses players in a fast-paced and visually stunning STAR WARS galaxy.
STAR WARS: Dark Forces Remaster
Release Date: 2023
We hope you found this guide helpful!