“May the force be with you.”
If you’re wishing to travel to a galaxy far, far away, you’re in luck, because the Nintendo Switch already has three Star Wars games for players to jump into right now and there’s another two on their way!
Star Wars Pinball
Release Date: September 13, 2019 (EU & NA) / December 13, 2019 (JP)
Players: up to 4 players
Genre: Simulation, Application
Game File Size: 1.4 GB
Feel the power of the Force™ in Star Wars™ Pinball!
19 TABLES CELEBRATING A GALAXY FAR, FAR AWAY
• Movie Adaptations: Episodes IV – VIII; Rogue One: A Star Wars Story; Solo: A Star Wars Story
• TV Adaptations: Star Wars: The Clone Wars and Star Wars Rebels
• Characters: Han Solo, Darth Vader, Lando Calrissian in the Calrissian Chronicles table, Boba Fett, Droids
• Locations: Ahch-To Island, Mimban
• Themes: Jedi versus Sith in Masters of the Force, X-wings vs. TIE fighters in Starfighter Assault, or experience the Might of the First Order
NINTENDO SWITCH™ EXCLUSIVE FEATURES AND MODES
In addition to HD Rumble and vertical play, Star Wars Pinball boasts several new features and modes exclusive to Nintendo Switch as a standalone product:
• Galactic Struggle: Every Star Wars Pinball player in the galaxy will choose to support the light or dark side in a perpetual online digital tug-of-war between the forces of good and evil. Which path will you choose?
• Career Mode: Designed with short on-the-go gameplay sessions in mind, this mode challenges you to complete very specific pinball-based missions across all 19 tables.
o Choose the path of the Jedi or the Sith as you progress through 50 career ranks.
o Some missions involve mastering awesome Star Wars-themed mini-games that might be difficult for some players to access through regular play, such as piloting an X-wing or TIE fighter or fighting Darth Vader in a lightsaber duel.
• Force Powers and Talents: Collect Holocron Shards during missions to unlock Force powers and talents that yield special in-game bonuses when activated, such as multipliers, slowing down time and more.
• Cantina Jukebox: Collect the greatest tunes in the galaxy as you play each table. Once you’ve heard a song, you can listen to it any time you like in the game lobby.
Also, challenge anyone in the galaxy through Galactic Tournaments, League Play and, of course, old-fashioned high scores achieved through Single Player mode.
STAR WARS Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast
Release Date: September 24, 2019 (EU & NA)
Players: 1 player
Genre: Action, Adventure
Game File Size: 1.1 GB
Kyle Katarn’s classic adventure lands on Nintendo Switch™! Experience the legendary single-player epic with modernized controls.
- As Kyle Katarn, agent of the New Republic, use your Lightsaber and the full power of the Force to combat a new evil plaguing the galaxy.
- Choose wisely from an arsenal of 13 weapons including disruptor rifle, thermal detonators, trip mines, and Wookiee bowcaster.
- Test your skills in 24 single-player missions, four epic boss fights, and one unforgettable cantina.
STAR WARS Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy
Release Date: March 26, 2020 (EU & NA)
Players: up to 16 players
Genre: Action, Adventure
Game File Size: 3.6 GB
The online multiplayer classic comes to Nintendo Switch™ with modernized controls. Take on the role of a new student eager to learn the ways of the Force from Jedi Master Luke Skywalker.
- Play with up to 16 online players in six online multiplayer modes including: Siege, Capture the Flag, and Free for All.
- Customize your character by defining both look and gender before entering the Academy to learn the power and dangers of the Force.
- Construct your own Lightsaber from handle to blade. As you progress, discover the power of wielding two Lightsabers or the ultimate double-bladed Lightsaber made famous by Darth Maul.
- Interact with famous STAR WARS characters in many classic STAR WARS locations as you face the ultimate choice: fight for good and freedom on the light side or follow the path of power and evil to the dark side.
STAR WARS Episode I: Racer
Release Date: June 23, 2020 (EU & NA)
Players: up to 2 players
Game File Size: 226 MB
The fan-favorite racer is back featuring motion controls!
Take control of a podracer speeding through flaming methane lakes, Tusken Raider assaults, anti-gravity tunnels, and much more in a pulse-pounding, do-or-die fight to the finish line.
■ Choose from 25 playable racers including: Anakin Skywalker, Sebulba, and Ratts Tyerell
■ Race tracks spanning 8 unique worlds including: Tatooine, Baroonda, and Malastare
■ Work with Pit Droids to upgrade your podracer for higher top speeds and acceleration
■ Discover short-cuts and secrets to master your lap times.
STAR WARS Republic Commando
Release Date: April 6, 2021 (EU & NA)
Players: 1 player
Genre: Adventure, Action
Game File Size: 2.5 GB
Boss, Fixer, Scorch, and Sev, better known as Delta Squad, are back on Nintendo Switch™! Relive the legendary campaign.
Welcome to the Clone Wars: Chaos has erupted throughout the galaxy. As leader of an elite squad of Republic Commandos, your mission is to infiltrate, dominate, and ultimately annihilate the enemy.
Battle Relentless Enemies: Battle a variety of highly intelligent and deadly enemies—from brutal Trandoshan mercenaries to the flying insectoid warriors of Geonosis.
The Squad is Your Weapon: Your squad will follow your orders, performing complex commands and strategic maneuvers. You are their leader. They are your weapon.
Upcoming New Adventures:
STAR WARS: Hunters
Release Date: 2022
Players: To be determined
Game File Size: 300 MB
STAR WARS: Hunters™ will connect players in real time to battle in settings inspired by iconic STAR WARS locales. Players will join squads of all-new and authentic characters, including daring Bounty Hunters, heroes of the Rebellion and Imperial stormtroopers, in an action game that immerses players in a fast-paced and visually stunning STAR WARS galaxy.
Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga
Recent News: Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga will release in Spring 2022.
We hope you found this guide helpful!Tags: Guide, LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga, Nintendo Switch, Star Wars, Star Wars guide, STAR WARS Jedi Knight, STAR WARS Jedi Knight II, STAR WARS Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast, STAR WARS Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy, Star Wars Pinball, Star Wars Republic Commando, Star Wars: Episode I Racer
This post was written by Jack Longman