If you are looking for a knockout of a game for Nintendo Switch then look no further. Raz Games have announced that their Arcade boxing game Boxing Champs is coming to the Hybrid Console on June 20th. The game will use both joysticks to deliver punches and has an air of Punch-Out!! about it.
We have the official announcement below, detailing features and a trailer for Boxing Champs below.
Boxing Champs, the arcade boxing game by Australian dev Raz Games, will be hitting the Nintendo Switch after E3 – Thursday, June 20.
Mixing top-down arcade gameplay with more traditional boxing mechanics that use both analog sticks, Boxing Champs delivers a solid arcade-style experience akin to ‘80s and ‘90s beat ‘em ups … with a touch of Punch-Out!!
Boxing Champs features full player control over punch selection, combinations, and knockouts. The game also allows players to challenge friends in local multiplayer (online is in the works) or in a full-blown Career mode with 30 preset characters and short three-round bouts. Custom boxers are supported as well – thanks to a robust customization system packed with 70+ hairstyles, hair color, body color, body type, gloves, shorts, and boxer stats. Finally, Boxing Champs features multiple arenas (including Las Vegas, New York, and Los Angeles) and four different champions that stand between players and the unified title.
To win, boxers need to snap the jab from the outside and throw combinations – or get inside with hooks and uppercuts to deliver the winning blow. At the end of the road, the goal is to unify the titles and become the undisputed World Champion.
- Boxer customization: Choose from 30 preset boxers – or create your own, with 70+ hairstyles, hair color, body color, body type, gloves, shorts, and boxer stats.
- Defeat four champions: You’ll need to win all four belts to unify the title!
- Full punch control: Use a traditional button-driven control scheme or feel every punch as you move the analog stick in the direction you want to hit!
- Multiple arenas: Fight in Las Vegas, New York, Los Angeles, the Downtown Gym – or the Boxing Champs Arena.
- Career mode: Create your boxer, train, and move up in the world rankings.
- Single-player and multiplayer: Take on the AI or challenge friends for all the title belts. (Online multiplayer coming soon!)
- Cartoon-like graphics and sound: Nostalgic without having to resort to pixel art 🙂
Boxing Champs will be available on the Nintendo Switch Thursday, June 20 for $14.50. Pre-orders start June 12 in EU/AU and June 13 in North America with a 25% discount.
Nintendo eShop page:
Source: Novy PR