Now that both the Nintendo Direct and Nintendo Switch Online have both been given a date as to when Nintendo fans can expect them, Nintendo has even more news to share.
Firstly, in preparation for the launch of Nintendo Switch Online, maintenance on the eShop will begin prior to its launch, but a notice regarding the next Switch system firmware update has been posted and confirms it come to past next week. The full details on both can be seen right here:
Nintendo Switch System Update Notice
After installing the system update planned for September 18th, 2018 (Tuesday) at 5pm Pacific Time, it will no longer be possible to unlink your Nintendo Account from your Nintendo Switch user.
Prior to this change, it is important to confirm that your Nintendo Account or your child’s Nintendo Account is linked to the correct user.
- To learn more about Nintendo Account for your child, please click here.
By ensuring that your Nintendo Account is linked to the correct user, you will be able to appropriately manage your save data, Nintendo Switch Online membership, and Nintendo eShop content.
How to Check:
- You can review under each user’s My Page > User Settings > Link Nintendo Account. Part of the Nintendo Account holder’s email and nickname will display.
- If you are not sure if the user is linked to the correct Nintendo Account, check the following:
- On the Nintendo Account website, sign in and select the Shop menu option on the left. Compare your current balance and total My Nintendo Gold Points with those on the Nintendo eShop on your Nintendo Switch system
- If you are still not sure, compare the digital software on your Nintendo Switch with your Purchase History on the Shop menu or check to see if you have received purchase confirmation emails.
Unlinking your Nintendo Account
You will be able to unlink prior to September 18th, 2018 (Tuesday) at 5pm Pacific Time. For instructions, click here.
Source: en-americas-support.nintendo.com via OatmealDome (Twitter) & @NintendoAmerica (Twitter)