It’s time to welcome a slightly new Fire Emblem Heroes into our hands as the latest update is out now and it comes bearing Relay Defense Maps and Combat Manuals. The full changes and improvements for Version 2.9.0, can be seen here
What’s in Store for the 2.9.0 Update:
Relay Defense Maps Added:
Starting on 9/8/2018 12:00 a.m.(PT), Relay Defense maps will appear in Special Maps.
On Relay Defense maps, the goal is to defend your territory for a total of eight turns. Create a brigade of 20 Heroes using Edit Brigades to use on these maps. Every two turns, your active Heroes will be swapped in and out of battle in groups of five.
You will receive a score based on how many enemies you defeat and how many of your Heroes survive. These new maps challenge you to create new strategies, such as strengthening your fortress’s defenses with Heroes who have high Def or Res. Relay Defense maps will be released periodically instead of the Rival Domains maps, which ran every week on Saturday at 12:00 a.m.(PT)
- Rival Domains maps will not be available while Relay Defense maps are active.
- Relay Defense maps will be active for two weeks at a time.
New Weapon Skills and Weapons to Refine:
The following Heroes can learn these new character-specific weapon skills at 5★:
- Cherche’s Axe – Hero who can learn this skill: Cherche: Wyvern Friend
- Odin’s Grimoire – Hero who can learn this skill: Odin: Potent Force
- Both Cherche’s Axe and Odin’s Grimoire can be upgraded in the Weapon Refinery after they’ve been obtained.
- To learn weapon skills, tap Allies, then Ally Growth, and then Learn Skills.
The following weapon skill can now be strengthened with Arena Medals and Divine Dew for added effects:
- Ragnarok – Hero who can learn this skill: Celica: Caring Princess
*Note: To access the Weapon Refinery, after clearing Book I, Chapter 13 in the main story, you must clear the second Intermission map, The Rite of Blades.
Combat Manuals Added:
You can now send Heroes back to their worlds and create a Combat Manual in exchange. You can create a Combat Manual by selecting Manage Barracks, which will be added to the Allies menu.
Though you will no longer be able to send the unit to battle, Combat Manuals can be used instead of Heroes in the Inherit Skill and Merge Allies menus. Combat Manuals do not use up barracks slots, so you can turn Heroes you don’t plan to send to battle into Combat Manuals to conserve space. Additionally, you can have up to 9,999 of each type of Combat Manual.
*Note: You cannot turn a Combat Manual back into a Hero, and you cannot use Combat Manuals in the Enhance slot for Merge Allies. Combat Manuals will not inherit the following elements:
- Number of times merged
- Learned skills
- Inherited or refined skills
- Conferred blessings
- Summoner Support or Ally Support
- Sacred Seals or accessories
- Skill sets
The following changes will be applied with the addition of Combat Manuals:
- You can use Unlock Potential on Combat Manuals.
- You can use Unlock Potential even if the Hero is level 1.
- Send Home is now under Manage Barracks. Additionally, the confirmation message will display twice, like with Create Combat Manual.
- A button will be added to Inherit Skill to prioritize showing Combat Manuals over Heroes.
- You can check the blessing season on the Edit Teams screen.
- A Swap Left/Right option that changes the sides of allies and foes has been added to Tap Battle Settings.
- You can switch between Reserve Teams and Primary Teams in the UI for battles that require a second team, such as Tempest Trials and Arena Assault.
- In Grand Conquests, a warning will now be displayed when there are 10 minutes or less remaining in each battle.
- The order of friend requests that are awaiting approval has changed. New requests will now display at the top.
- On Android devices, tapping the back icon during battle will now open the Battle menu.
Tags: Fire Emblem Heroes, intelligent systems, Nintendo, Nintendo Mobile, patch notes
This post was written by Jack Longman