Earlier today, Has-Been Heroes released right on time and due to its high difficulty, it’s been nerfed already with a Day 2 update. Here’s Frozenbyte’s Joel with a read in and official details on what went on:
* * * * *
Update notes (current version 1.0.0)
In this thread we’ll keep an update log for the game. We have seen in some early reviews that the game may be a tad too hard (or unfairly so), and while we want the game to be hard, there are some adjustments we will make post-launch that hopefully achieve the perfect balance a roguelike game like Has-Been Heroes needs.
We’ve released a Day 1 patch already live at the time the game went live, version is still 1.0.0. We plan to release another update very soon, possibly even during this week Wednesday/Thursday (March 29th/30th). Here’s our preliminary change log:
- Gameplay: Hitting over enemy Stamina now has a damage penalty of -10% instead of -25%
- Gameplay: Skeleton Leader, who speeds up nearby enemies, now always walks into the battle, never spawns in the middle
- Gameplay: Red-bandana “Boxer” Skeleton Boss health now 1450 (was 1825)
- Gameplay: Heroes’ lane backstab damage increase * Gameplay: Changes and fixes to Summon Boar spell
- User interface: Helpful popup screen at the start of the game to explain Stamina
We’ll be updating this thread with the latest notes as the updates go live.
– Joel, Frozenbyte team, developers of Has-Been Heroes
* * * * *
Should the next patch roll out as stated, we’ll be back to provide some additional Has-Been Heroes coverage, but until then, just to tide you over while you debate if Has-Been Heroes is worth getting, here’s our review on the newly released title:
I hope it helps.
Source: SteamTags: Frozenbyte, Gametrust, Has-Been Heroes, Nintendo Switch, update
This post was written by Solid Jack