With a little over a week to go before the Switch finally releases and the hype escalates even higher, Nintendo have shared even more additional details that concerns Virtual Console, the eShop, a day one update and more. The full details can be seen right here:
Nintendo eShop, indie games ready for Nintendo Switch launch:
23rd February, 2017 – The launch of Nintendo Switch is rapidly approaching on 3rd March, and Nintendo of Europe can confirm that Nintendo eShop will be available at launch, complete with a line-up of downloadable indie games. To celebrate many of these upcoming “Nindie” creations before launch, Nintendo of Europe will publish a localised version of Nintendo of America’s Nindies Showcase video presentation on Tuesday 28th February, at 17:30 (UK Time). Please visit this website at this time to watch the video.
This year, the Nintendo eShop will be home to more than 60 Nindie games, in addition to digital versions of packaged games, downloadable content, and more. Three Nindie games that are planned to launch in Europe alongside the console on 3rd March are:
- FAST RMX from Shin’en Multimedia: This lightning-fast anti-gravity racer is exclusive to Nintendo Switch.
- Shovel Knight: Specter of Torment from Yacht Club Games: The latest campaign from the critically acclaimed hit Shovel Knight is a full-featured game starring Specter Knight, one of the enemies from the original game. The massive prequel campaign includes even more content than the last campaign update, Plague of Shadows. Shovel Knight: Specter of Torment is exclusive to Nintendo Switch for a limited time.
- Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove from Yacht Club Games: For both new knights and Shovel Knight’s biggest fans, Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove includes the original Shovel Knight game, as well as all previously released campaign updates – even Shovel Knight: Specter of Torment! Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove will be exclusive to Nintendo Switch for a limited time.
Some additional news about the launch of Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch includes:
- People who already have funds in their accounts on a Nintendo 3DS family system or Wii U can access them using a shared wallet that works on Nintendo Switch as well. Once they link their Nintendo Network ID and Nintendo Account and then their Nintendo Account to their Nintendo Switch console, this functionality becomes possible.
- Virtual Console games will not be available on Nintendo Switch at launch. We will share more information in the future.
- A News feature will offer updates about the latest additions to Nintendo eShop, as well as providing information about upcoming games and other updates from Nintendo.
- To access Nintendo eShop, a system update is required that will be available on launch day. The system update downloads in the background, is designed to install quickly, and doesn’t disrupt gameplay.
After visiting Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch for the first time, gamers can also purchase downloadable games on Nintendo Switch via this website*. Users can purchase the games on Nintendo’s website and have them download directly to their Nintendo Switch console at home or on the go, wherever there is a Wi-Fi connection.
Tune in to our website at 17:30 (UK Time) on Tuesday 28th February for the Nindies Showcase video to celebrate upcoming Nindie creations.
*To be able to purchase download games or download demos and free software from Nintendo eShop on the official website, you’ll need to have a Nintendo Account which is linked to your Nintendo Switch console. You’ll need to have your console registered as the active console for downloads for your Nintendo Account by visiting Nintendo eShop on the device you wish to download on at least once. For automatic download, your system must be updated and connected to the internet with automatic downloads enabled, and it must have enough storage to complete the download. To find out more, visit our Support section. Purchases made or demo downloads activated through the Nintendo website are processed via Nintendo eShop.
* * * * *
Like you, I too am gutted about having no Virtual Console at launch, but then I just remember I am a huge Zelda fan, so even if I only had Zelda to play during the whole month of March, my gaming needs will already be met, and even for those who aren’t Zelda fans, Breath of the Wild is still a game that will apply to you and something you’ll greatly enjoy.
Source: Nintendo UKTags: FAST RMX, Nindies, Nindies Showcase Presentation, Nintendo Switch, Nintendo UK, Shin'en Multimedia, Shovel Knight: Specter of Torment, Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove, Yacht Club Games
This post was written by Solid Jack