With Super Mario Bros. Wonder available now on the Nintendo Switch, the time has come to embark on a wonderful 2D adventure. Mario is back with the extended gang, resulting in a playable roster of 12 characters and with eight worlds to conquer in the Flower Kingdom, we’re on hand to walk you guys through how to obtain every Wonder Seed and Flower Coin available.
To kick things off, we’re going to do a quick little walkthrough to explain the purples of Flower Coins, Wonder Flowers, Wonder Seeds and Secret Exits before diving right into the World 4: Sunbaked Desert stage, Rolling-Ball Hall:
What are Flower Coins?
Flower Coins are large purple coins that can be found on given stages. Some will be obviously visible when exploring through levels, but others can be hidden and require players to meet a certain requirement to revel them. On stages where Flower Coins are present, there are three to be found and all are required to count towards a level’s complete completion.
What are Wonder Flowers?
Wonder Flowers are an item players can encounter during a level, which once interacted with, unleashes a Wonder Effect that immediately impacts the current stage. Where there is a Wonder Flower, there is always a Wonder Flower waiting to be discovered.
What are Wonder Seeds?
Wonder Seeds are the main collectable this time around, with Mario and friends needing to collect them in order to advance through the game. One Wonder Seed will always be given to the player upon completing a stage, but a second one can be obtained by activating the Wonder Flower and traversing the Wonder Effect to collect the Wonder Seed.
On some levels, it is possible there is a third Wonder Seed available, but in order to acquire it, players will need to discover the Secret Exit in order to obtain it. Wonder Seeds can also be purchased for 100 Purple Coins at Poplin Shops and through completing Challenge levels.
What are Secret Exits?
Not present on every level, Secret Exits are a secondary exit players can discover by taking a different route and encountering a second Flagpole at the end of the level. Jumping on the Flagpole will end the current level and reward players with a new Wonder Seed.
Every Rolling-Ball Hall Wonder Seed & Flower Coin:
Flower Coins: 3 | Wonder Seeds: 2
- Flower Coin #1: Go down the first hill and you will notice a bit where you can leap upwards to a raised platform. To your left you will find the Flower Coin.
- Flower Coin #2: On the platform with multiple tiers, make sure the Revver is facing towards the left and grab hold of its handle and pull. The Revver will clear a path for you, taking you to a new screen where you can find the Flower Coin.
- Flower Coin #3: Once the Wonder Effect has ended, lead a spiked Rolling-Ball to the right, through some smashable blocks to reveal the third Flower Coin.
- Wonder Flower / Wonder Seed #1: Continuing right, heading past the Wonder Flower, hop onto a nearby block and come back on yourself, running along the upper level to collect the Wonder Flower. With the Wonder Effect triggered, your character will be pursued by large Rolling-Balls and need to collect five Wonder Tokens to make the Wonder Seed appear.
- Wonder Seed #2: Reach the end of the stage and climb onto the Flagpole.
As always, we hope you found this guide helpful.