Part 2 of 4.
As October continues to find its flow, welcome back to our efforts to highlight some formidable games all releasing on the Nintendo Switch this month. Having already covered the likes of Bilkins’ Folly, Survivor – Castaway Island, Dinobreak, and Lord of the Click: Interstellar Wars, it is now time to share our second selection of four games releasing this October:
Bang-On Balls: Chronicles, Wargroove 2, Front Mission 2: Remake, and Terra Alia: The Language Discovery RPG
[Guide] 16 Games Releasing on Nintendo Switch | October 2023 (Part 2)
Bang-On Balls: Chronicles (October 4, 2023)
Publisher: Untold Tales
Genre: Action, Adventure, Arcade, Platformer
No. of Players: 1 (Single System) | 1 – 4 (Local Wireless) | 1 – 4 (Online)
File Size: 3.8 GB
Glorious bouncy 3D platforming and combat inspired by some of the best in the genre from Italian plumbers, blue hedgehogs, or wild bandicoots! Become BOB, a reckless bouncy hero embarking on a quest of epic adventures and chaos.
Open World Exploration and Destruction – Roll into jam packed open worlds that let you explore and utterly smash them to pieces in the process! Conquer adversaries and boss fights, tackle thrilling challenges, and unearth multiple hidden secrets. Realms bursting with activities to do at your own pace while you break almost everything along the way.
Bounce Around History – Bounce between multiple (slightly inaccurate) historically themed open worlds each with their own unique mechanics, items, and enemies. From the Vikings through to the Age of Pirates. From Feudal Japan over into The Space Race. Each world lets you hop in and out whenever and carry over progress.
Single Player, Online Co-op and Split Screen – Go solo or grab friends. Supports single player, 2-player split screen, and online co-op up to 4 players! Jump in and out sessions and keep any items and weapons collected.
Extensive Character Customization – Collect an arsenal of weapons, shields, and themed items to customize your character! No cosmetic paid DLC – unleash your creative powers to customize your character with items collected from playing.
- Glorious bouncy 3D platforming and combat in a series of (slightly inaccurate) historical worlds.
- Full of content. Fight foes, rescue allies, take on multiple objectives, uncover secret and collect bundles of themed items and weapons.
- Smash, dash, and steamroll highly destructible environments.
- Customize your character with a massive amount of flags, items, weapons and themed decorations, all collected from playing.
- Up to 4 player online co-op and 2 player split screen. Seamlessly jump in and out of sessions with friends and keep everything you’ve collected.
- It teaches history. Well kinda.
Wargroove 2 (October 5, 2023)
Genre: Strategy, Role-Playing, Multiplayer
No. of Players: 1 – 4 (Single System) | 1 – 4 (Online)
File Size: 1.2 GB
Trouble stirs on the shores of Aurania. An ambitious new faction has unearthed forbidden relics capable of catastrophic consequences. But how far will they go to achieve glory?
Take to the battlefield, sea, and sky with a cast of new Commanders, using your wits to wage turn-based war!
An all-new Wargroove adventure for new recruits and veteran wardogs alike!
- Return to the battlefield with new Commanders, as unknown factions join the fight.
- Supercharge your Commander’s Grooves to make them more powerful than ever!
- Follow the tale of the warring Factions of Aurania in 3 interwoven Campaign stories.
- Battle with or against your friends in Co-Op & Multiplayer mode, locally or online for up to 4 players
- Put your strategic abilities to the test with a new roguelike mode – Conquest!
- Develop new tactics with 5 new unit types to master.
- Level-up an ordinary unit with special abilities by picking up items.
- Battle after dark with new night mode.
- Get more creative than ever with new & improved map, campaign & cutscene editors
- Playable in English, French, German, Spanish, Japanese, Brazilian Portuguese, Russian, Traditional Chinese, and Simplified Chinese!
Front Mission 2: Remake (October 5, 2023)
Publisher: Forever Entertainment
Genre: Strategy, Role-Playing
No. of Players: 1 (Single System)
File Size: 6.5 GB
FRONT MISSION 2 blends intense strategy with a deep and involved storyline.
12 years have passed since the second Huffman conflict. The impoverished People’s Republic of Alordesh has been suffering a severe economic decline ever since the war ended. In June 2102, soldiers of the Alordesh Army rise up and, led by Ven Mackarge, declare independence from the O.C.U. (Oceania Cooperative Union).
Ash, an O.C.U. soldier, manages to survive the ensuing battle, but Alordesh is completely overrun by the Revolutionary Army. Ash and his surviving teammates infiltrate Alordesh’s chaotic underground in an attempt to escape the country. However, they soon discover that there is a huge conspiracy behind the coup.
In FRONT MISSION 2, the perspective switches between three characters: Ash, Lisa, and Thomas, creating a worldview that goes beyond a simple dichotomy between good and evil.
FRONT MISSION 2: Remake preserves the mature story, strategic turn-based combat, and Wanzer customization options of the original. Enjoy the revitalized classic with updated visuals and new features and enhancements!
- Improved loading speed
- Support for many new languages
- New ‘free camera’ option to zoom in during gameplay and check out Wanzers in detail
- New coloring and camouflage options
- Modern in-game effects
- Renewed soundtrack
Terra Alia: The Language Discovery RPG (October 11, 2023)
Genre: Education, Adventure, Role-Playing, Study
No. of Players: 1 (Single System)
File Size: 2.8 GB
Welcome to a world where magic and technology go hand in hand. In Terra Alia, every nation has its own rules for using magic, as it is a common part of this world. To avoid conflicts, these nations have come together to oversee magic use in their lands. The first rule they created is learning the local language before you can start developing your magical abilities.
Your adventure begins in your homeland, just after completing your studies at one of Terra Alia’s most renowned magic academies. Professor Esperanto, your esteemed mentor, has invited you to continue studies abroad in her exclusive technomancy program. Upon your arrival, you’ve found that the professor has gone missing! What mischievous force could be behind her disappearance? To solve this riddle, you’ll need to unlock your magical abilities, but you’ve got to learn the local language first.
Choose you target language, and expand your vocabulary while confronting mythical creatures, rogue androids, and many other challenges as you journey through the magical realm of Terra Alia!
- Master a vocabulary of hundreds of words in 10 different languages.
- Complete quest lines filled with gripping stories while solving challenging puzzles.
- Cast powerful spells as you battle enemies in a dynamic turn-based combat system.
- Level up and equip your character with increasingly more powerful abilities and items.
- Unravel a mystery that threatens all of Terra Alia by following clues and hints.
All details regarding the games above were true at the time we sourced them directly from Nintendo’s own website. If there are any changes between now and each game’s eventual release, we apologize in advance and we hope you have enjoyed the selected titles so far. For even more games, we hope you come back for the next instalment.