Part 1 of 4.
As September makes its leave and October arrives in style, with so many big hitters releasing this month, with too many promising titles to keep track off, we’re on hand to highlight 16 smaller games that are worth discovering on the Nintendo Switch this October. To get things underway, here is Part 1 with our first four picks:
[Guide] 16 Games Releasing on Nintendo Switch | October 2023 (Part 1)
Bilkins’ Folly (October 2, 2023)
Publisher: Armor Games Studios
Genre: Adventure, Puzzle
No. of Players: 1 (Single System)
File Size: 474 MB
Percival “Percy” Bilkins is a treasure hunter on a mission to find his missing mother and grandfather, who mysteriously disappeared many years ago. The only problem? His ship got wrecked in a storm, and he needs to find a new way forward. Together with his family’s beloved dog Drayton, Percy must find a new ship, reunite with his crew, and discover family secrets that will change his life forever. Oh, and dig for hidden treasure of course.
Bilkins’ Folly is a narrative adventure game about a boy and his dog. Team up with your canine best friend to uncover every nook and cranny of this region. With the help of Percy’s expert cartography skills, you can customize your map to help you solve puzzles and unlock other secrets. But be warned: some puzzles in this world are harder than others, and you might need to return to them later in your journey.
Your friendship with Drayton will be your biggest asset when navigating through the world of Bilkins’ Folly. By spending quality time together, you can level up your bond and earn points to spend on new skills that can be used to clear obstacles. This will aid you in your search for family and riches and take you to places previously unseen.
- Explore a series of unusual and lively islands riddled with history, mystery, and (most importantly) treasure.
- As your bond with Drayton grows, he’ll learn new skills that will help you solve puzzles and uncover secrets.
- Expand your ship’s crew by recruiting aspiring sailors to join your ranks.
- Socialize with the many quirky inhabitants of the islands—but keep in mind they’ll remember how you treat them.
- X marks the spot! Customize your map to work for you by drawing lines and placing icons on your map to aid you in your treasure hunting escapades.
- Fish for interesting sea creatures and record your findings in your journal.
- Enter treasure hunting competitions to earn trophies and bragging rights.
- Pick locks, herd sheep, and more in charming minigames.
- Yes, you can pet the dog.
Survivor – Cast Away (October 3, 2023)
Genre: Adventure, Action, Party
No. of Players: 1 – 4 (Single System)
File Size: 842 MB
In Survivor: Castaway Island, get ready to experience the ultimate test of survival, just like in the TV show! As you navigate the treacherous landscape, you’ll need to rely on your survival instinct and strategy to remain in competition. Every decision you make will be crucial to your fate. Are you cunning, strategic, and ruthless enough to outwit, outplay and outlast your opponents?
Look for resources and form alliances with other castaways to survive, but remember that trust is hard to come by in the game of Survivor. Choose your allies wisely and watch your back for betrayals. In team or individual challenges, you’ll need to push yourself to the limit to avoid being voted off the island.
One wrong move, and the adventure ends. Your survival is at stake, and only the strongest will make it to the end. Do you have what it takes to be the last one standing and become the sole Survivor? The challenge is on!
Unleash the survivor in you and embark on the ultimate adventure! Join a team of 12 fearless adventurers and test your skills against the untamed wilderness, just like the hit TV show Survivor.
- SURVIVE THE WILDERNESS: Explore the island to gather resources and build your camp from scratch. Find immunity necklaces to ensure your safety during the nerve-wracking Tribal Councils.
- BECOME THE SOLE SURVIVOR: Earn rewards and immunity by performing well during trials, but be careful not to get exhausted and avoid getting hurt so you don’t forfeit.
- OUTSMART YOUR RIVALS: Form alliances with cunning strategies, read your competitors’ personalities, and use everything you’ve learned to gain the upper hand during the intense Tribal Councils. Be ready to do anything to ensure your survival – even betray your allies.
- LIFE IN PARADISE: Enjoy the tropical paradise as you soak in the stunning scenery and take in the warm sun. But watch out, you never know when a rogue coconut might come crashing down!
- MULTIPLAYER MODE: Think you have what it takes to outdo your friends? Join the multiplayer mode and prove it. Or team up to conquer the wild together and see who can come out on top.
Dinobreak (October 4, 2023)
Publisher: Dead Drop Studios
Genre: Action, Adventure, First-Person
No. of Players: 1 – 2 (Single System)
File Size: 6.6 GB
The crises of the past return in DINOBREAK as dinosaurs overwhelm a metropolitan city on a fateful night in 1999. Band together with survivors across the city to uncover the origins of the onslaught, and find a path to safety. DINOBREAK looks, sounds and plays like a ’90s-era survival horror game. Cheesy acting, extreme gore, exhilarating action, and resource management await as you fight through hordes of dinosaurs to escape alive. Take one last trip to the world of survival horror in this one-of-a-kind adventure.
- Multiple difficulty modes, including the all new Assisted and Easy options to allow all players to enjoy the adventure!
- Switch between fixed camera, over-the-shoulder, or first person shooter modes at any time during gameplay.
- Classic survival horror mechanics meld with intense action and hordes of monsters.
- Extremely cheesy and stiff voice acting to bring the past alive.
- Experience the entire story in a narrative driven classic campaign.
- Hit the arcade in Operation: Feral Raptor, a non-stop action packed bonus mode across the entire city.
- Limited inventory space, and limited saving, will keep you on your toes.
- Extreme gore paints the city in blood as the dinosaur’s rampage unfolds.
- Play the entire game either alone or in optional 2-player split screen co-op!
Lord of the Click: Interstellar Wars (EU: October 4, 2023)
Publisher: ESDigital Games
No. of Players: 1 (Single System)
File Size: 134 MB
The time is here again to stretch your naughty fingers! Do you know why Lord of the Click appears for the fourth time before your discerning gaze? It’s simple – players love Lord of the Click, because this series of games is more than the SPACE itself! How sparklingly I made a path to the main description, huh!?
Lord of the Click: Interstellar Wars takes the endless conflict of good, evil and arthritis to a whole new cosmic level! Fight aliens and mutants, colonize new planets, reach for the stars, and all this under the measured and lulling creak of your joints. You haven’t had so much fun yet and definitely won’t until we release the fifth Lord of the Click game! (By the way, the games are not story related, you can start right with this one!)
All details regarding the games above were true at the time we sourced them directly from Nintendo’s own website. If there are any changes between now and each game’s eventual release, we apologize in advance and we hope you have enjoyed the selected titles so far. For even more games, we hope you come back for the next instalment.