Part 2 of 4.
As September continues to find its flow, welcome back to our efforts to highlight some formidable games all releasing on the Nintendo Switch this month. Having already covered the likes of Chants of Sennaar, Alchemy Garden, The Dragoness: Command of the Flame, and ANONYMOUS;CODE, it is now time to share our second selection of four games releasing this month:
[Guide] 16 Games Releasing on Nintendo Switch | September 2023 (Part 2)
Fae Farm (September 8, 2023)
Publisher: Phoenix Labs
Genre: Adventure, Role-Playing, Simulation, Multiplayer
No. of Players: 1 (Single System) | 2 – 4 (Local Wireless) | 2 – 4 (Online)
File Size: 1.7 GB
Escape to the world of Fae Farm and create your own cozy home in the enchanted world of Azoria. As you nurture and grow your homestead, you’ll get to meet charming characters, foster deep relationships and discover ways to infuse magic into everything you do. Customize your character, master the arts of crafting, cooking, potion-making and discover so much more. Unfold the mysteries of the island on your own or with up to three other players. You can invite your family and friends or visit their homestead to progress together, playing beside you or online. As the seasons change, you’ll be able to unlock new areas and restore the world around you.
- Cozy and customizable: Create your own character and customize your adventure with unlockable styles and decorations for your farm. The cozier your home, the better your experience! The story unfolds independently from the in-game calendar, allowing you to play at your own pace.
- Magical Creatures: As you tend your farm, you can care for a variety of cuddly animals where you can collect eggs, wool, and more. You can also raise baby animals in many different colors and explore the island to discover magical critters that drop rare potion ingredients. But not all creatures are friendly… Beware the jumbles, mischievous spirits that block your path!
- Adventure is at your doorstep: Explore the realms of Azoria as you traverse the island with your skills and spells. Forage caves to gather resources and battle jumbles! Progress at your own pace as you uncover new mysteries and restore peace to Azoria.
- Budding Friendships: Azoria is home to a cast of colorful characters! As you progress through the story, you can build bonds with many islanders along the way. You can even find romance by going on dates and eventually getting married at Town Hall.
- One for all: You can play on your own or with up to 3 of your friends online or over local wireless. Share your progression, build a farm together where everyone’s efforts count and support each other through the quests and challenges of the world around you.
This is only the beginning of your adventure on Azoria: between December 2023 and June 2024, two waves of free additional content will be released to expand your horizons, unlock new areas to explore, introduce new characters to meet and bond with, reveal new creatures, tell new stories, and pour in more magic!
Pups & Purrs Pet Shop (EU: September 8, 2023)
Publisher: Numskull Games
Genre: Simulation, Lifestyle
No. of Players: 1 (Single System)
File Size: 756 MB
These adorable animals need a forever home – help care for them each day at the pet shop. Pups & Purrs Pet Shop is a simulation game in which you can have the dream job you’ve always wanted taking care of cute, fluffy friends. Various breeds of puppies and kittens will need your care each day in the pet shop. Working in the Pet Shop, you can feed, bathe, brush and play with the cute and cuddly little dogs and cats. Daily chores will keep your shop sparkling clean. As a Pet Shop employee, you can customize your hair, face and even make fashion statements with your apparel. You can also choose adorable accessories for your favorite pets!
- 20+ different mini-games will test your skills at managing the Pet Shop.
- Collect badges by completing various challenges and unlock toys and objects in the store.
- 18 lovable breeds of dogs and cats are now available in game!
Gravity Oddity (September 13, 2023)
Publisher: Invincible Cat
Genre: Action, Adventure, Platformer
No. of Players: 1 (Single System)
File Size: 260 MB
Across the galaxy, gravitational fields are weakening, causing planets to implode. Good thing the boys and girls at the Rio Grande Corporation came up with gravity boots. With them, traversing surfaces on every planet is a walk in the park. All is well until the corporation kidnaps your roommate, Gary. Your rent isn’t going to pay itself, so you just have to go after him.
With your new sidekick, Newton, you go on a one-man rescue mission to uncover the mysteries of your roommate’s disappearance and what lies beneath the Rio Grande Corporation. Battle your way through ever-changing galactic environments on your jetpack and gravity boots and get Gary back in this exciting space action adventure!
Defy Gravity and Walk on Any Surface – Lace up your gravity boots and grab your teleport gun as you blast through bosses and enemies across various levels and environments. With Newton by your side, walk on any surface and fly through gaps using your jetpack.
Go through hordes of enemies using your teleport gun as you all in to rescue your roommate from the clutches of the Rio Grande Corporation.
Only you stand in the way of whatever evil the Rio Grande Corporation has for the universe and the rest of its inhabitants!
Tweak Your Arsenal and Save the Universe (and Gary, of course)! – Get on your workbench and turn your teleport gun into the ultimate universe-saving weapon with mods. Mods are scattered all across the galaxy, each one giving your teleport gun a meaner punch.
Multiply your teleport gun’s stopping power with splitting rounds. Add some bounce to your shots with bouncing rounds. It’s all up to you!
With a plethora of modifiers to choose from, you can create an arsenal of skills that match your style of play. If you’re going to save your roommate Gary, there’s no better way to do it than your way!
Shoot’em then Loot’em – You battle your way towards saving your roommate across multiple levels filled with various enemies from many parts of the universe. As you go through each level and opponent, special items, modifiers for your teleport gun, and loot await you.
Use everything you’ve found to get Gary back and stop the Rio Grande Corporation.
Save Gary and the Universe in Style – You can customize your avatar and leave a lasting impression on enemies before you pull the trigger. And if you’re not happy with how Newton looks, you’re free to style your sidekick in any way you see fit.
Don’t just save the universe and your roommate. Do it your way and in style!
- 130 mods with crazy synergies to make you feel OP
- Intense boss battles to keep you on the edge of your seat
- Ever-changing levels created to challenge and engage you
- Customize your avatar and your sidekick the way you want with almost 100 cosmetic elements
Faerie Afterlight (September 13, 2023)
Genre: Platformer, Adventure, Puzzle
No. of Players: 1 (Single System)
File Size: 2 GB
Inspired by Indonesian philosophy and folk art, Faerie Afterlight is a beautifully stylized 2D Metroidvania game filled with an abundance of heart, courage, camaraderie, and a delightful soundtrack complimentary to the game’s lush world. Simultaneously control Kimo and Wispy as this unlikely but (literally) inseparable duo explores Lumina’s infested caverns, deep seas, and ghostly cities to reclaim the scattered, broken shards of Light.
Along the way, the pair will solve puzzles, befriend locals, engage and enchant enemies, and face off against fierce Titans to gain powerful new abilities that will grant greater access to Lumina!
All details regarding the games above were true at the time we sourced them directly from Nintendo’s own website. If there are any changes between now and each game’s eventual release, we apologize in advance and we hope you have enjoyed the selected titles so far. For even more games, we hope you come back for the next instalment.