The Summer season is well and truly upon us now and if you were thinking of heading to sunny Spain for the month of July, you may be interested to know that Nintendo Spain (Nintendo Iberia) are kicking off some their Nintendo Switch Tour across the country. They will be visiting 12 cities and will be propping up tents that will have twenty games for attendees to play for free!
The games will include the likes of Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Everybody 1-2 Switch!, Nintendo Sports, Pikmin 4, and Super Mario 3D World. The Nintendo Switch Tour is already in full effect, starting in Santiago de la Ribera in Murcia on July 1st and will be in Sevilla this weekend. It will also be making a pitstop at Gamepolis in Málaga (July 21, 22, 23) before heading back up the East coast and then along the Northern coast of Spain, then ultimately in Madrid for the final leg of its journey.
Here is a rundown of the locations and dates of the Nintendo Switch Tour in Spain (Note that the following dates are Friday to Sunday):
- Santiago de la Ribera (Murcia) – Playa Santiago de la Ribera – July 1- 3
- Sevilla (Sevilla) – Muelle de las Delicias – July 7 – 9
- El Puerto de Santa María (Cadiz) – Parking Plaza de toros – July 14 – 16
- Gamépolis (Feria de Málaga) – July 21 – 23
- Almería (Almeria) – Parque Almadrabillas- July 25 – 27
- Puerto de Gandia (Valencia) – Muelle de los Borja – July 29 – 31
- Vinaròs (Castellón) – Passeig de fora del forat – August 4 – 6
- Calafell Port (Tarragona) – Puerto Segur de Calafell – August 10 -12
- Santander (Santander) – Plaza Porticada – August 17 – 19
- Vilagarcia de Arousa (Pontevedra) – Plaza de la II República – August 21 -23
- Avilés (Principado de Asturias) – Plaza de Santiago López (Antigua Plaza de la Pescadería) – August 26 – 28
- Madrid-San Sebastian de los Reyes (Madrid) – Plaza de la Iglesia – September 1 – 3
*Dates and locales are subject to change.
Here is the full announcement from Nintendo Spain (translated in English) about the Nintendo Switch Tour 2023
The Nintendo Switch Tour 2023, with Mario as the main protagonist, starts on July 1 in Santiago de la Ribera
It’s summer: the beach, ice cream, vacations are back… and the Nintendo Switch Tour, a summer event with almost 20 years of history that this year will visit 12 Spanish cities. With Mario as the main protagonist, the Nintendo tents will invite all attendees to try twenty games for free: among them, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Pikmin 4, Everybody 1-2-Switch!, Nintendo Switch Sports, Super Mario 3D World… The tour will start on July 1 in Santiago de la Ribera (San Javier, Murcia), and will later visit Seville, El Puerto de Santa María, Málaga, Almería, Gandía, Vinarós, Calafell, Santander, Vilagarcía de Arousa and Aviles. San Sebastián de los Reyes will bring the tour to a close on September 3*.
Here we all play! With that philosophy in mind, the goal of the Nintendo Switch Tour 2023 is for each person who comes to the tents to find titles that excite them and make them smile. The most seasoned gamers, for example, will find perfect titles to play in expert mode, such as Metroid Prime and, most especially, The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom, the most recent installment of a classic saga full of prestige.
Those less versed in consoles will enjoy the titles with an intuitive interface: Super Mario Party, Nintendo Switch Sports or Everybody 1-2-Switch!, one of the great novelties of this year, with hilarious competitions based on minigames that allow two to 100 participants. Anyone up for a fast-paced car race in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, a paintball fight in Splatoon 3, or intense combat in Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet?
In the tents of the Nintendo Switch Tour 2023 there will also be another of the great novelties of this summer, Pikmin 4 (in a demo version until its release date, July 21, and in full from this date).