Part 1 of 4.
December has arrived and along with it, comes another month packed with new, exciting and very engaging titles, all playable on the Nintendo Switch. So, once again, please join us as we highlight 16 upcoming games that are all releasing this December. Without any further ado, here’s our first four picks:
[Guide] 16 Upcoming Games for Nintendo Switch in December: (Part 1)
Goonya Monster (December 4, 2022)
Genre: Party, Action
No. of Players: 1 – 4 (Single System) | 1 – 4 (Online)
File Size: 1 GB
- Tera Terada, who has created illustrations for numerous PV and MV, was chosen to design the characters! – Characters with a unique charm that attracts people’s hearts and minds are brought to life by the gorgeous voice actors! And Characters fill the screen with their full range of activities!
- Players are divided into three “busters” and one “monster” to fight! – Busters work together with other players and Monsters, must win by overwhelming force!
- Buster : Master a diverse set of weapons to sway the match outcome to your favor! – Lasers! Shotguns! Flamethrowers! Round up the enemies using an exhilarating line-up of weapons! The Buster’s Win Condition is to defeat Undead enemies roaming the stage and collect their souls.
- Monster : Send those pesky Busters flying with your extravagant Skills! – Super-sized Beams to Super-sizing yourself! Use your ultimate “Predation” attack to defeat the Busters! Annihilate all the Busters, or survive until the time limit, and the Monster’s got the Win!
- The story unfolds season after season in “Episode Match”! – The more you play, the more customization items you get! Coordinate your favorite characters with interesting outfits!
- Share play support – Get together with family and friends for an online episodic match!
Path of Ra (December 5, 2022)
Publisher: Oneiric Tales
Genre: Puzzle, Adventure
No. of Players: 1 (Single System)
File Size: 644 MB
In Path of Ra, you accompany the soul of a Pharaoh reincarnated as a hieroglyph on the murals of his tomb. Move the slabs and create a path for him to reach the exit. Relive his story and discover the circumstances of his death through sumptuous hand-crafted cinematics.
- A UNIQUE AESTHETIC – Inspired by the magnificent hieroglyphic frescoes of the pyramids, Path of Ra will take you on a journey into Ancient Egypt as you have never seen it before.
- EASY TO PLAY – Move and rotate the tiles with a simple swipe to rearrange the murals. The game is designed to be played by anyone.
- Over 60 carefully hand-crafted levels offer a challenge with each new painting.
- AN ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK – The music and the different soundscapes will immerse you in the warm atmosphere of ancient Egypt.
- Headphones are recommended for an optimal experience.
Kukoos: Lost Pets (December 6, 2022)
Publisher: Maximum Games
Genre: Platformer, Puzzle, Adventure, Multiplayer
No. of Players: 1 – 4 (Single System)
File Size: 7.7 GB
On a planet covered in water, a fun and adventurous species known as the Kukoos live on the only island that is home to the Kukoo tree. After an experiment in which the Kukoos attempt to make their pets more obedient goes haywire, it is up to the Kukoos to find their newly aggressive and unruly pets and regain control, restoring harmony to the once peaceful Kukoo tree.
Travel through secret worlds within the massive Kukoo tree to find your friends and end the pet rebellion! This charming 3D platformer takes you across the vast and colorful Kukoo universe, where you’ll take charge of an array of pets and use their individual abilities to battle against unique bosses, find hidden collectibles, and solve ancient puzzles. Journey solo or team up with up to three friends to enjoy a four-player adventure unlike anything you’ve seen before!
- Collaboration is the Name of the Game! Play as twelve different Kukoos and team up with five unique pets, using their unique abilities to solve puzzles and defeat enemies.
- Invite Friends Along for the Journey! Play with up to 4-player multiplayer co-op to quadruple the fun!
- Vibrant Locations to Explore. Discover vast, colorful worlds each with their own unique biomes, hidden secrets, dangerous residents, and environmental wonders.
- A Charismatic Cast. Meet a group of charming and memorable characters as you traverse the worlds of Kukoos, and watch the story come to life via beautifully rendered cinematics and fully voiced characters.
- Continue the Fun. Unlock extra levels by collecting enough coins in each world and replay the adventure with different pets to discover new secrets!
Witch on the Holy Night (December 7, 2022)
Publisher: Aniplex of America
Genre: Adventure, Other
No. of Players: 1 (Single System)
File Size: 19.9 GB
TYPE-MOON, known for the popular game app “Fate/Grand Order” and the epic visual novel “Tsukihime,” is releasing the visual novel “Witch on the Holy Night,” first released for PC in 2012, on Nintendo Switch™.
Experience a young adult tale, set in the vibrant and bustling 1980s, that follows an innocent young man and two young “witches.”
Updates added since the PC version include the fully voiced characters that fans have long awaited, as well as visuals remastered in full HD, bringing the experience to life with unparalleled image quality.
Various new visual elements not only imbue battle scenes with tension, but also breathe life into the characters’ everday activities, with motions that bring a sense of animation and make the text even more deeply immersive.
Two witches dwell within a mansion atop a hill. It is the late 1980s, the twilight years of a vibrant and bustling era. A boy arrives in the city only to encounter two witches living in the present day. The boy leads a normal life.
One of the girls is proud and dignified. The other lives hidden away, as if in slumber. Three stars in parallel orbit, fated never to meet. The story of how these three completely different characters come to live under one roof will soon be revealed…
First released in 2012 for PC, “Witch on the Holy Night” returns after 10 years, further refined with fully voiced characters and a full HD visual remaster.
All details regarding the games above were true at the time we sourced them directly from Nintendo’s own website. If there are any changes between now and each game’s eventual release, we apologize in advance and we hope you have enjoyed the selected titles so far. For even more games, we hope you come back for the next instalment.