Part 1 of 4.
It’s hard to believe the Nintendo Switch is already five and a half years old and yet, despite its inferiority compared to the more powerful console alternatives, the hybrid platform has been able to hold its own and boasts such an incredible library of games. In fact, sometimes, with so many games coming to the Nintendo Switch, it’s all too easy to forget about the many upcoming releases there are, but that’s where we come in.
To combat this dreaded issue, we are now getting into the habit of highlighting the many games that are on their way to Switch and first up, we’re highlighting 16 games that are releasing this October, but so as not to overwhelm our readers, we are going to be highlighting four games a day, for the next four days. So, without further ado, let’s start checking out some games:
[Guide] 16 Upcoming Games for Nintendo Switch in October: (Part 1)
Guardian Tales (October 4, 2022)
Publisher: Kong Studio
Genre: Action, Role-Playing, Puzzle, Adventure
No. of Players: 1 (Single Player) | 1 – 4 (Online)
File Size: 57 MB
Price: Free Download
A Link to Classic Adventure! Begin your adventure in Kanterbury, a world in turmoil from the Invaders’ attack, destined to be saved by the Legendary Guardian!
- Puzzle Solving Gameplay – Lift heavy boulders, throw explosive bombs and sling yourself across obstacles to discover hidden pathways to amazing treasures!
- Strategic Action Combat – Dodge, duck, dip, dive and dodge your way to victory against powerful foes and massive bosses!
- Challenging Dungeons & Bosses – Explore dark and dangerous dungeons to challenge the behemothic bosses that reside within! Evil pig monsters beware, the hero has arrived!
- Intense PVP and Rankings – Assemble and synergize your best party of 3 heroes to face others in real-time combat for glory!
- Hero and Weapon Collection – It’s dangerous to go alone! Collect and choose from over 50 Heroes and 100 different weapons – each with their own unique abilities!
- Create a Guild with Friends – Make new friends, show off your heroes and party it up in the Guild House! Oh, and go easy on the Guild Scarecrow…
- Customize Your Floating Castle – You like pancakes? Build a Pancake House! Love clowns? Build a Circus! Customize your island the way you want for you and your heroes!
- Tribute Parodies – Do you like easter eggs? There are tons of in-game easter eggs. Challenge yourself to discover them all!
- And Much More!!! – Stories, Missions, Quests, Events, Rewards, and so much more!!
Let’s Sing ABBA (October 4, 2022)
Genre: Music, Party, Lifestyle, Multiplayer
No. of Players: 1 – 4 (Single Player)
File Size: 3 GB
Celebrate the glorious comeback of the Swedish pop giant ABBA. Party solo or with your friends to some of your favourite classics from the band’s repertoire! Choose from a collection of 31 ABBA classics and perform them in seven different game modes.
After a 40-year break, ABBA is back! So why not perform some of the band’s biggest hits in your own living room to celebrate their triumphant return to the stage.
Travel back to the glory days with hits like “Gimme! Gimme! Gimme!” and “Waterloo”. Get some friends together to party with “Dancing Queen”, the musical number “Mamma Mia” or rock out to “I Still Have Faith In You”, the lead track from their brand new album.
- A strong playlist with 31 songs: 30 popular classics from the 70s and a new hitsong from the new album Voyage
- Dress up your Avatars in iconic ABBA outfits
- 7 exciting game modes: Legend, Classic, Mix Tape 2.0, Jukebox, Feat., World Contest and Let’s Party
- Perform the ABBA classics with your friends! With the microphones and your smartphones, up to eight players can join in on the fun in the Let’s Party mode.
NieR:Automata The End of YoRHa Edition (October 6, 2022)
Publisher: Square Enix
Genre: Action, Role-Playing
No. of Players: 1 (Single Player)
File Size: 10.9 GB
NieR:Automata The End of YoRHa Edition is the Nintendo Switch™ version of NieR:Automata, an award-winning post-apocalyptic action RPG that has achieved deep-rooted popularity around the world.
The distant future… Invaders from another world attack without warning, unleashing a new type of threat: weapons known as “machine lifeforms.” In the face of this insurmountable threat, mankind is driven from Earth and takes refuge on the Moon. As 2B, a member of the newly organized android military force YoRHa, players will immerse themselves in a ferocious battle to take back the planet.
Experience a captivating story that goes beyond simple entertainment, inspiring a wide array of emotions as it unfolds through genre blending action in a beautifully desolate open world.
This product includes the content of the “3C3C1D119440927” DLC.* Three types of colosseums are included, and three types of costumes based on characters from the related title, NieR Replicant, can be obtained as rewards.
*To enjoy this content you will need to have progressed a certain way into the main story of the game. There are also some scenes during the progression of the main game scenario in which this content cannot be accessed.
Youropa (October 6, 2022)
Genre: Puzzle, Platformer, Adventure, Action
No. of Players: 1 (Single Player)
File Size: 1.1 GB
Price: $39.99 | Demo Available
When Youropa is torn apart, you must walk the walls in a strange fragmented city, in order to restore it and learn who you really are.
Walk upside down, on walls, in fact walk anywhere you can get to. Your suction cup feet let’s you stick to any surface. You will unlock new abilities, encounter physical puzzles, secrets, ferocious enemies, paint your character and much more, in an abstract but logical universe that challenges your perception of the third dimension.
In Create Mode you can build your own levels while playing them. And you can share your levels and character designs with other players.
Youropa is made with passion by a small group of friends over a period of 15 years.
All details regarding the games above were true at the time we sourced them directly from Nintendo’s own website. If there are any changes between now and each game’s eventual release, we apologize in advance and we hope you have enjoyed the selected titles so far. For even more games, we hope you come back for tomorrow’s instalment.