Having revealed Cyclizar as part of the closing ceremony for this year’s Pokémon World Championship, held in London, further details have been disclosed regarding Scarlet and Violet’s upcoming competitive play and we have that information right here:
Battle Stadium:With the Battle Stadium feature in Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet, you’ll be able to use the internet to enjoy battling Trainers from all over the world. Ranked Battles, which players have had the chance to enjoy in Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield, will be returning in Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet. Players will be able to take on battles in the Casual Battles and Online Competitions modes as well. Get ready to have heated Pokémon battles with the new partners you meet in the Paldea region.
- Casual Battles – These are low-stakes battles in which results are not recorded. One appealing feature about these battles is that you can use any Pokémon.
- Ranked Battles – In these battles, you will be able to test your battle skills against Pokémon Trainers from all over the world. Your rank will change depending on your battle results. Trainers are sorted into tiers based on their ranks. If you can reach Master Ball Tier, the topmost tier, you’ll have a chance to vie to be the best Pokémon Trainer in the world in fierce battles.
- Online Competitions – These are competitions in which Trainers can battle with other entrants:
- Official Competitions – Various kinds of rules may govern these special competitions in which you compete to see how high you can place in the rankings.
- Friendly Competitions – In this format, you can hold your very own competition or join one set up by other Trainers.
- Rental Teams – This feature lets you easily borrow Battle Teams by inputting IDs that have been shared online. You’ll also be able to build your own Battle Team and make it available for Pokémon Trainers all over the world to use!
New Items:These items can be held by Pokémon to trigger a variety of effects. How you use them may mean the difference between victory and defeat. Use them in conjunction with Pokémon moves and Terastallizing to achieve victory. Mirror Herb – This herb will allow the holder to mirror an opponent’s stat increases and boost its own stats – but only once.Covert Cloak – This hooded cloak conceals the holder, protecting it from the additional effects of moves.Loaded Dice – If a Pokémon holding this item uses a multistrike move, that move will be more likely to hit more times.
Making the Most out of Using the Terastal Phenomenon:Terastallizing is a phenomenon in the Paldea region that makes Pokémon shine and glimmer like gems. Terastallized Pokémon shine during battles, too. Change your Pokémon’s type and turn the tables! – The primary feature of Terastallizing in battle is that it changes your Pokémon’s type to its Tera Type. Pokémon don’t outwardly show what their Tera Type is until they Terastallize—a fact that you can use to take opponents by surprise in battle. Combining Tera Types with different moves and Abilities can open up near-infinite strategic possibilities. This Tyranitar, which is normally Rock/Dark type, became Ghost type after Terastallizing.If a Coalossal combines the Steam Engine Ability with a Water Tera Type, the Pokémon can take less damage and receive a boost to its Speed when it gets hit by a Water-type move.Tera Blast, a new move that shows its power when the user is Terastallized – Tera Blast is a Normal-type move that can be learned with a TM. When used by a Terastallized Pokémon, it becomes a move of the same type as the Pokémon’s Tera Type and displays its immense might. Use it at the right moment to change the flow of the battle. Tera Blast inflicts damage using the Attack or Sp. Atk stat—whichever is higher for the user.