Now that Kirby’s Dream Buffet is out now on Nintendo Switch, the Fall Guys inspired gameplay is now available for anyone who chooses to pick it up. However, should diehard Kirby fans pick up the game and play at least one minigame, when returning to the game’s home table, players will be able to unlock bonus music tracks, so long as they have played any of the following Kirby games on their Nintendo Switch:
- Kirby Star Allies (2018)
- Super Kirby Clash (2019)
- Kirby Fighters 2 (2020)
- Kirby and the Forgotten Land (2022)
For possessing save data for any of the games listed above, players are rewarded with three different music tracks associated to each game, which can then “be played during races.” For clarity, In the event you have only played one or a couple of the Kirby games listed above, you will only unlock the music tracks for the games you have played. The tracks for the games you haven’t played will remain locked until you have.
About Kirby’s Dream Buffet:
Roll through a smorgasbord of food-themed stages in 4 rounds of 4-player* fun as Kirby…who seems rounder than usual? Race through delicious obstacle courses to collect strawberries as Kirby grows. Then, turn the tides in the final round—a fruity fight atop a floating platform.
- Roll through delicious, food-themed obstacle courses in 4-player matches
- Collect strawberries to grow bigger and prepare for the final battle
Four types of frenzied fun:
- Gourmet Grand Prix – Race across mouth-watering obstacle courses collecting strawberries to plump up Kirby. Play a minigame in the bonus stage between races. Then turn the tides in the battle round – a final fruity fight atop a floating platform.
- Race – Roll through food-themed courses collecting strawberries and Copy Foods as you race to the finish. Earn extra strawberries at cake goals at the end of the race.
- Minigame – Play a delectable minigame between races Compete with other players to collect as many strawberries as possible within the time limit.
- Battle Royale – In the final confrontation, knock opponents off the stage to steal their strawberries. Use your Copy Food Abilities as you battle it out to see which Kirby has grown largest!
Delectable customization options:
- Find your sweet style – Dress Kirby in scrumptious costumes that look like Meta Knight, King Dedede, Elfilin, and more.
- Add a dash of color – Customize Kirby with an array of different color options to help you start the race in style.
- Top it off with treats – Decorate your own cake with treats that look like cookies, chocolates, and candies from the Kirby™ series of games.
Power up with Copy Foods:
- When you see a Food Box, roll through it to gain a Copy Food Ability. You might get a Turbo Burning boost from a Burning Pepper or a Hyper Tornado from Tornado Frosting!
- With simple controls and the chance for quick comebacks, these playful power-ups can help level the competition for younger players.