Gaming on the go.
Now just a couple of days away from the official mobile release for Pokémon UNITE on Android and iOS devices, details for setting up cross-play progression have started to come in. As previously stated, players will be able to sync their save data so they can continue their progress across platforms and it’s a simple affair.
All that is required is for those who download the mobile release, is to log into the Nintendo Account or Pokémon Trainer Club account they logged into for the Switch version and away they go. Should players try things the other way around, starting on mobile and then trying to play Pokémon UNITE on Switch afterwards, you will need to sign in to your linked account and then log in via your Switch profile on the Nintendo Account you signed into. In the event you fail to carry over your save data, you will be unable to do so after the fact and will need to uninstall and redownload the application and do it again.
About Pokémon UNITE:
Join Trainers from around the world as they head for Aeos Island to compete in Unite Battles! In Unite Battles, Trainers face off in 5-on-5 team battles to see who can score the most points within the allotted time. Teamwork is key as you and your teammates defeat wild Pokémon, level up and evolve your partner Pokémon, and knock out the opposing team’s Pokémon to prevent them from scoring points. Put your teamwork to the test, and take home the win!
- BATTLE IN STYLE: Take to the field while looking your best in Holowear! Thanks to a special technology developed using Aeos energy, Trainers can deck out their Pokémon in a variety of holographic outfits—with new styles arriving regularly!
- UNITE MOVES: Unleash the true power of your Pokémon with Unite Moves! Leverage these all-new Pokémon moves, which are only possible while in Unite Battles, and turn the tide of even the direst situations.
- RANK UP: Looking to prove how skilled you are? Participate in ranked matches, and earn points as you climb up the global leaderboard!
- COMMUNICATION IS KEY: Even the most skilled Trainers recognize how important communication is to their team’s success. Leverage signals, quick-chat messages, and—for the first time in a Pokémon title—voice chat to communicate and stay in sync with your team.
- CROSS-PLATFORM PLAY: Play with Trainers around the world on the Nintendo Switch™ system or on a compatible smartphone thanks to cross-platform support. Trainers may use their Pokémon Trainer Club account or Nintendo Account on both Nintendo Switch and mobile to easily keep their progress synced between devices.
Source: SerebiiTags: Pokémon Unite, Tencent Games, TiMi Game Studios
This post was written by Jack Longman