“Going to the Chapel and we’re, gonna get married!”
With the arrival of June, it’s time to hear those bells ring, for Wedding Season has arrived in Animal Crossing: New Horizons and it’s time to decorate a kitchen converted into a chapel, take some special snapshots and start earning special wedding-themed items built by the one and only, Cyrus!
And, since this is a guide, here’s everything you could possibly need to know:
Section 1: What is Wedding Season?
Wedding Season is no different to Earth Day, it is an event that takes place in Animal Crossing: New Horizons, where you can get Wedding Themed items.
Incidentally, Wedding Season also has a story involving Reese and Cyrus celebrating their anniversary, which Harvey requires your help with and it takes place on Harv’s Island.
Section 2: How long does Wedding Season Last?
Wedding Season gets underway on the first of June and runs for the entirey of the month, with new content added.
Section 3: How does the Wedding Season Work?
With Reese and Cyrus celebrating their anniversary, players must race to Harv’s Island, to help him and the loving couple, take plenty of snaps all throughtout the month of June.
On the first day of the event, players will be introduced to the couple and once you’ve agreed to help, you’ll be taking into a different studio, which was once Harvey’s kitchen, but has been converted for a photo shoot. (On the first day of the event, this particular “shoot” is a recreation of Reese and Cyrus’ wedding day.)
Players will be tasked with decorating the chapel, with Reese on hand to tell you what she likes and Cyrus suppling you with special themed items, which on Day 1, consists of just five items. For instance, she’ll tell you she likes things that are pink and white, but players, if they choose to, can alter the colour of the objects they wish to place, such as yellow followers.
As long as you place at least 12 items before taking a photo of the happy couple and showing it to Reese, you can earn a maximum of 11 Heart Crystals. However, if you keep sticking to the event, after the first 7 days, the maximum will change to 15, (all items will need to be available to you), so when decorating the sets, the more is the merrier. with a total of 15 Heart Crystals being available to you as a reward.
Section 4: What is the Purpose of Heart Crystals?
Heart Crystals are a special form of currency given to the player by Reese, every day during the Wedding Season event, upon the completion of taking a gorgeous photo of her and Cyrus.
As for their purpose, players can speak to Cyrus and exchange them for the special wedding themed items that he has created, with each item having their own price tag.
Section 5: How Many Wedding Themed Items are there?
There are a total of 29 in all, with 26 of them being obtained via exchanging Heart Crystals with Cyrus, and another 3 being obtained as you play through the event, which we cover in Section 6.
The full line up of the current 26 available items and their price tag, can be seen here:
- Wedding bench – 5 Heart Crystals (Day 1 Item)
- Wedding decoration – 3 Heart Crystals (Day 1 Item)
- Wedding table – 6 Heart Crystals (Day 2 Item)
- Wedding chair – 3 Heart Crystals (Day 2 Item)
- Wedding flower stand – 4 Heart Crystals (Day 3 Item)
- Wedding candle set – 4 Heart Crystals (Day 3 Item)
- Wedding head table – 6 Heart Crystals (Day 4 Item)
- Wedding cake – 5 Heart Crystals (Day 4 Item)
- Wedding pipe organ – 40 Heart Crystals (Day 5 Item)
- Wedding arch – 20 Heart Crystals (Day 6 Item)
- Wedding welcome board – 5 Heart Crystals (Day 6 Item)
- White wedding wall – 12 Heart Crystals (Day 1 Item)
- Wedding-party wall – 12 Heart Crystals (Day 2 Item)
- Brown wedding wall – 12 Heart Crystals (Day 7 Item)
- Green wedding wall – 12 Heart Crystals (Day 7 Item)
- White wedding flooring – 12 Heart Crystals (Day 1 Item)
- Brown wedding flooring – 12 Heart Crystals (Day 7 Item)
- Green wedding flooring – 12 Heart Crystals (Day 7 Item)
- Blue wedding rug – 4 Heart Crystals (Day 1 Item)
- Red wedding rug – 4 Heart Crystals (Day 7 Item)
- White wedding rug – 4 Heart Crystals (Day 7 Item)
- Cake dress – 20 Heart Crystals (Day 7 Item)
- Wedding tuxedo – 20 Heart Crystals (Day 7 Item)
- Wedding pumps – 6 Heart Crystals (Day 7 Item)
- Wedding shoes – 6 Heart Crystals (Day 7 Item)
- Bridal veil – 12 Heart Crystals (Day 7 Item)
*All items purchased from Cyrus are delivered to your house the very next day.
Section 6: What are the other 3 Wedding Themed Items I can get During the Event?
For the players who wish to stay the course and help Reese and Cyrus as much as possible, on the sixth day of assisting them, players can earn themselves a commerative Reese & Cyrus photo plate and take part in a Wedding Party.
You’ll also be able to earn a wedding item built by Cyrus, every day you do help as well, and unlike the ones you exchange for, these are immediately available on your villager’s person.
Further more, by assisting on the seventh day, players can also get a DIY recipes for Wedding fence and a Wedding wand.
Section 7: What happens after the Wedding Party?
Should players wish to continue with helping our Reese and Cyrus, on the seventh day, they’ll be tasked with helping to organise a photo shoot in a garden, with Reese having a preference on furniture that is green, yellow and brown in colour.
Upon completing this photo shoot, players can earn themselves 2 DIY recipes, with one being the Wedding wand and the other being for Wedding fence.
We hope you found this guide helpful.Tags: animal crossing, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Animal Crossing: New Horizons Wedding, Animal Crossing: New Horizons Wedding Season, Feature, Guide, Nintendo Switch, Wedding Season Guide
This post was written by Jack Longman