Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Version 3.0.0 has now arrived and with it, a couple of new features. Stage Builder, Shared content, Smash World, and more have all been added! Joker is now available as a playable character and some extra tweaks and fixes have also been made, which can be seen right here:
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Version 3.0.0: [Released 04/17/19]
- Stage Builder added to Games & More. You can now draw your own custom stages by hand.
- Note: Camera controls are not available when converting a replay that contains a custom stage into a video.
- Edit Video feature added to Vault → Replays. You can now create new movies using several videos made from replays.
- Note: Only videos from Ver. 3.0.0 or later can be used as source material. There are planned expansions to the Edit Video feature in future updates.
- DLC Spirits option added to the Spirits menu.
- Note: DLC spirits can only be used if you have purchased the corresponding downloadable content.
- The following spirits will appear in the Vault Shop:
- Ryuji Sakamoto
- Ann Takamaki
- Yusuke Kitagawa
- Makoto Niijima
- Futaba Sakura
- Haru Okumura
- Goro Akechi
- Caroline & Justine
- Phantom Thieves of Hearts
- You can now share replays, videos, Mii Fighters and custom stages with people around the world in Shared Content.
- Note: You can only post replays and videos created with Ver. 3.0.0 and on.
You cannot post replays of online/local wireless battles on custom stages, or videos that include custom stages.
- You can now sync your game with Smash World, a service accessible via the Nintendo Switch Online smart device app. Available features include viewing some of the things posted to Shared Content, and creating spirit teams from the spirits you have collected.
- Note: The Smash World service is planned to begin after the distribution of Ver. 3.0.0. If you still don’t see Smash World in your list of services, please try again later.
- It is now easier to be matched with players who have a similar Global Smash Power in Quickplay. Further improvements and adjustments to matchmaking are planned.
- The following downloadable content will be usable after purchase:
- Joker Challenger Pack
- Persona 3 Protagonist Wig + Outfit
- Persona 4 Protagonist Wig + Outfit
- Teddie Hat
- Morgana Hat
- Tails Hat + Outfit
- Knuckles Hat + Outfit
- You cannot make videos of replays that contain DLC you have not purchased (fighters, stages, music, Mii Fighter costumes, etc.).
- Game-balance adjustments have been made.
- Several issues have been fixed to improve gameplay experience.
- For information about the details of fixes and changes to fighters, read the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Update Ver. 3.0.0 fighter adjustments.
This post was written by Switch Nindies