Once more a new update has rolled out for Splatoon 2. New gear abilities have been added, there have been tweaks to stages, weapon specifications have been altered and few other fixes have been implemented as well.
The full patch notes can be seen here:
Splatoon 2 Version 4.3.0: [Released 12/04/18]
Changes to Gear Abilities:
- Added the new gear abilities, Bomb Defense Up DX and Main Power Up.
- The features of the gear abilities Bomb Defense Up and Cold-Blooded were combined to create Bomb Defense Up DX.
- The following changes have been made to the gear abilities Bomb Defense Up and Cold-Blooded:
- When these gear abilities occur on already existing gear, they will be replaced with Bomb Defense Up DX.
- Gear ability chunks for either of these abilities will be replaced with Bomb Defense Up DX ability chunks.
- Drink Tickets that would make it easier to gain the effects of these gear abilities will be replaced with tickets making it easier to gain the effects of Bomb Defense Up DX.
- Already active drinks that make it easer to gain the effects of these abilities will become drinks that make it easier to gain the effects of Bomb Defense Up DX.
- Gear with the Inkline brand was previously likely to be paired with the Bomb Defense Up gear ability, but will now be likely to be paired with Bomb Defense Up Dx instead.
- Gear with the Annaki brand was previously likely to be paired with the Cold-Blooded gear ability, but will now be likely to be paired with Main Power Up instead.
Changes to Multiplayer:
- Changes have been made to the terrain in the following stages:
- Specifications for some of the main weapons have been changed:
- Specifications for some of the sub weapons have been changed:
- Specifications for some of the special weapons have been changed:
- Specifications for certain gear abilities have been changed:
- Points required for using specials have been changed for certain main weapons:
- Fixed an issue preventing players from landing in the correct location when activating the Booyah Bomb special while super jumping to the edge of a piece of stage terrain.
- Fixed an issue when using the Ultra Stamp special, in which pressing ZR to cock back the stamp just prior to its duration ending caused a shot to be fired with the main weapon after the stamp’s duration ended.
- Fixed an issue causing players activating an Ultra Stamp special when trapped between stage terrain and the Tower Control tower to clip inside the stage terrain.
- Fixed an issue when using the Drop Roller gear ability and super jumping to a location near an obstacle that shortened the length of the roll performed when landing.
- Fixed an issue with the Bomb Defense Up gear ability causing Curling Bomb damage that didn’t exceed 100.0 to not be properly reduced. This issue will no longer occur with the new Bomb Defense Up DX gear ability.
Changes to Salmon Run:
- Fixed an issue in Marooner’s Bay with a discrepancy between the appearance of certain walls and their actual geometry, obstructing player movement.
- Narrowed the area on which players can stand on certain railings in Ruins of Ark Polaris, making it possible for Smallfry attacks to reach them.
- Lowered the end point of certain ride rails in Ruins of Ark Polaris, so that attacks from Grillers will now hit players in those locations.
- Fixed an issue causing Steelheads not to attack players aiming at them, depending on the quality of the player’s network connection.
- Fixed an issue causing Octolings not to blink while moving over the ground.
- Fixed an issue when taking pictures with the Pearl and Marina amiibo during a Splatfest causing them not to appear in their Splatfest outfits or hair color.
- Fixed an issue when taking pictures with the Octoling Boy amiibo, where, depending on the pose, the Octoling Boy’s eyes would appear in an unnatural state.
- Fixed an issue allowing amiibo to be tapped and read while in the lobby during a Splatfest, though the amiibo icon was not displayed on-screen.
- Fixed an issue when throwing sub weapons onto a Bounce Pad while in Recon mode, causing them to bounce differently than they would in an actual multiplayer battle.
- Fixed an issue when using the Auto-Camera to follow the tower in Tower Control, causing the camera angle to differ depending on which team controlled the tower.
- Fixed an issue in spectator mode when the Auto-Camera was set to ON and viewing the Splat Zone during a Splat Zone battle, causing it not to shift focus to other players.