It’s that time again! Another update has chosen to grace Fire Emblem Heroes with its presence, only this won’t be completely like every other patch notes article we have done for the game, since we’ll also be covering things that were shown during the November 2018 Feh Channel broadcast.
Why’s that? Well, the new features that are covered in the update, were actually revealed in the broadcast and the only thing that wasn’t, is the fact there was a tease for Book III, right at the end of it.
Unlike with Book II, there wasn’t a full-blown trailer, just a spot of text, imagery of December and mention of the fact that Book III opens in December. Still, that’s enough about that, it’s time for patch notes on Aether Raids, Heroic Grails and some Weaponry Refinery stages:
What’s in Store for the 2.11.0 Update:
Aether Raids Added:
A new mode, Aether Raids, will debut on 11/8/2018 11:00 p.m. (PT)
In Aether Raids, the goal is to place structures and teams in your very own keep, invade other players’ keeps, and defend your keep against other players.
You can place structures that benefit your army, such as fortresses and schools, on both your offense map and defense map. Also, by winning battles and increasing your Aether Keep’s Lift, you can acquire even more Aether Stones, which are required for building and improving structures. Defeat as many rivals as you can in each weeklong season to earn not only Aether Stones but also Heroic Grails, which are described more below!
An in-app notice will be released on 11/8/2018 11:00 p.m. (PT) with details about Aether Raids. Check it out for more info!
Also, we will be explaining how to play Aether Raids in Fire Emblem Heroes: Learn with Sharena!, which is updated every week on Monday at 11:00 p.m.
*Note: The first season of Aether Raids will be from 11/8/2018 11:00 p.m. (PT) to 11/18/2018 2:59 p.m. (PT), and after that, each season will run from Sunday at 11:00 p.m. to Sunday at 2:59 p.m. each week.
Summon Heroes with Heroic Grails:
The first time you tap Use Heroic Grails, you’ll receive 200 Heroic Grails. Use Heroic Grails to gain Heroes from past Tempest Trials and Grand Hero Battles as powerful allies!
- Heroes are summoned at 4★.
- Each Hero can be summoned a maximum of 20 times.
- Each time you summon a Hero, the number of Heroic Grails required to summon them again will increase by 50 until the cost reaches 500 Heroic Grails. We plan to add more Heroes who can be summoned using Heroic Grails as time goes on.
New Weapon Skills:
The following Heroes will be able to learn these new character-specific weapon skills at 5★:
- Golden Dagger – Hero who can learn this skill: Saber: Driven Mercenary
- Shanna’s Lance – Hero who can learn this skill: Shanna: Sprightly Flier
- Florina’s Lance – Hero who can learn this skill: Florina: Lovely Flier
- Axe of Virility – Hero who can learn this skill: Barte: Fearless Warrior
- Golden Dagger, Shanna’s Lance, Florina’s Lance, and Axe of Virility can be upgraded in the Weapon Refinery after they have been obtained.
- To learn weapon skills, tap Allies, then Ally Growth, and then Learn Skills.
*Note: To access the Weapon Refinery, you must clear Book I, Chapter 13 in the main story and then clear the second Intermission map, The Rite of Blades.
- You can access Aether Raids from the Battle menu. Blessed Gardens has been moved to Multi-Map Battles under Story Maps.
- Chain Challenge and Squad Assault have also been moved to Multi-Map Battles under Story Maps.
- The Edit Special Teams menu option has been added to the Allies menu. In addition to Edit Reserve Team and Edit Brigades, which were available already, Edit Raiding Parties, which is used in Aether Raids, has also been added. (Edit Brigades and Edit Raiding Parties must be unlocked from within their respective modes before they will appear in the Edit Special Teams menu.)
- The Send Home menu button and the background within have been changed to red.
- We fixed an issue that was causing the sound of switching to the enemy phase to be the same as the fanfare that plays for player phases when Enemy Music was disabled in Settings.
- The initial value for Auto-Favorite in Settings has been changed to 5★.
- Relay Defense will be on hiatus for the time being, and Rival Domains maps will be updated every week on Friday at 11:00 p.m.
- We fixed an issue that was causing the time and other elements displayed at the top of the screen to not be displayed on iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, and iPhone XR.
For those of you who missed out on the Feh Channel, but would like to watch it, you can do so, right here:
Tags: Book III, Fire Emblem Heroes, intelligent systems, Nintendo Mobile, patch notes
This post was written by Solid Jack