Well, I don’t know about you, but I certainly wasn’t a Piranha Plant to be revealed as a new DLC fighter for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate and yet, such a thing did happen!
Still, there is no time for shock and awe as the Piranha Plant will only be acquirable as a free fighter for so long and this here guide is going to tell you just what exactly it is you need to do in order to claim it for yourself.
How to Get Piranha Plant as a Free Fighter for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate:
- Step 1 – Own a Nintendo Switch and have a Nintendo Account
- If you do not have a Nintendo Account, click here to create one
- Step 2 – Purchase Super Smash Bros. Ultimate and register it. There are two ways you can do this:
- Digital Purchase: Purchase Super Smash Bros. Ultimate from the Nintendo Switch eShop, or from Nintendo.com before 11:59 PM PT on January 31, 2019
- By purchasing digitally, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate will automatically be registered to your Nintendo Account
- Physical Purchase: But a retail version of the game, complete with game cart before 11:59 PM PT on January 31, 2019
- Game Cart must be registered to your account manually. To register, on the home menu on your Switch, go to the game you wish to redeem, press the + button. From there, go to “My Nintendo Rewards Programme” and click on it. Then click on “Earn Points (game card version only) and select the Account you wish to register the game to and earn Gold Points in the process.
- Step 3 – After registering, keep an eye on the email address associated to your My Nintendo account.
- A download code for the Piranha Plant DLC will be sent within 48 hours of registration
- Step 4 – Redeem the code
- Download Code for the Piranha Plant DLC expires 11:59 PM PT on June 30, 2019
- Step 5 – Upon Steps 1-4, sit back and relax. Piranha Plant is not a launch day fighter and is scheduled to join the roster in 2019.
- Given the fact the Piranha Plant amiibo releases February 15, 2019, there is a good chance Piranha Plant will be added in February.
In the event you don’t do any of the above and are unable to get Piranha Plant as a free fighter, you will be given the chance to purchase the Piranha Plant as paid DLC that is completely separate from the Fighters Pass content, at a much later time.
We will add pricing details for Piranha Plant when they become available. In the meantime, here’s two videos of the chomping plant in action:
We hope you found this guide helpful!Tags: Free Fighter, Guide, Nintendo, Nintendo Switch, Piranha Plant, Super Smash Bros Ultimate
This post was written by Solid Jack