Get ready to update what is swiftly becoming your new fighting game as a new update is available for ARMS and whilst consisting of some bug fixes, it has added some new ways to play!
Unlike a few of the other sites who have already covered this, instead of using translated patch notes, the official English ones can be seen here:
* * * * *
- “LAN Play” support added. You can now battle against players via LAN. On the Top Menu, click and hold the Left Stick and then press L+R to switch between “Local” and “LAN Play.”
- “Arena Mode” added. This mode focuses on serious 1-on-1 matches and can be played via “Friends,” ”Local,” or “LAN Play.” Up to 4 players can be in the arena, and players not currently fighting watch as spectators.
- Fixed issue where Kid Cobra was able to repeatedly do a charge dash while riding snake boards.
- Fixed issue where Barq would warp a great distance away after Byte & Barq perform a rush attack while on a snake board.
- Fixed issue where ARMs such as the Chakram would pass through the purple light boxes in the Ribbon Ring stage.
- Fixed issue where Biff referred to the “ARMS Grand Prix” as the “AMRS Grand Prix.
* * * * *
As for the actual size of the patch it is 104 MB, so it will take no time at all. Heck you might even discover it’s downloaded itself already. The Switch is good like that and sure it may not be the addition of Max Brass, but the big guy arrives next month, we can all wait a little bit longer. New The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild dlc drops this week as well, so it’s not like we’re not going to be kept busy for a week or two!