Welcome to Switch History, the feature series dedicated to rounding up the software updates for Nintendo’s various Switch games. In today’s piece, we’re highlighting the updates for 2022’s masterpiece that is, Xenoblade Chronicles 3:
Ver. 1.2.1 (Released October 20, 2022):
- Addressed several issues to improve gameplay experience.
Ver. 1.2.0 (Released October 13, 2022):
Game Spec: Additions and Changes:
- Added function to receive Expansion Pass 2.
- The availability of “Soyprimo Sauce” was previously restricted outside of the progress of a certain quest, so now the City Caravan shop located in the City will sell Soyprimo Sauce.
- Increased the effect time bonus for Fusion Arts using the Flash Fencer’s “Acceleration” Art.
- Fixed Collectopedia items “Gogol Dalm”, and “Gogol Olipple”, previously unavailable in Ver.
1.1.1, so that they can now be acquired.
- Fixed an issue in which a character’s audio of falling in battle would play over the sound of
them falling down before the screen faded to black.
- Fixed additional issues to improve the gameplay experience.
Ver. 1.1.1 (Released September 6, 2022):
- Altered Perilwing Ryuho’s behavior pattern; made it undefeatable if player is in area that cannot be reached in the main scenario’s intended progression.
- Fixed a bug in Teach’s Ascension quest, “Shadow of Enmity”, where the first battle sometimes did not end.
- Fixed an issue where the battle with the Mysterious Raider in the “Severed Connection” quest sometimes did not end.
- Fixed a problem in which the requested items “Gogol Vuaga” and “Gogol Dalm” for some Collectopedia Cards were not available.
- Fixed a problem in which various effects were not occurring correctly for dishes other than “Baked Spongy Spud”, and “Sunny-Style Fish Pie”.
- Fixed a bug that sometimes caused the Talent Arts button to disappear and not be able to be pressed during certain procedures. If this problem has already occurred, it will be fixed by loading the saved data after updating the software.
- Fixed a problem in which the text “Verkaufen” in the store menu was overlapping the adjacent text when Language Settings was set to German.
- In addition, several other issues have been fixed to make the game more enjoyable to play.
Ver. 1.1.0 (Released July 26, 2022):
- Added function to receive Expansion Pass item(s).
- Downloading the Expansion Pass will add an “Expansion Pass” selection to the Main Menu, where the item(s) can be received.
- The Main Menu can be opened during gameplay by pressing the X Button.
- Fixes introduced to ensure a better gameplay experience.