Welcome to Switch History, the feature series dedicated to rounding up the software updates for Nintendo’s various Switch games. In today’s piece, we’re highlighting the singular update for this year’s, Big Brain Academy: Brain vs. Brain:
Ver. 1.1.0 (Released December 23, 2021):
- Fixed an issue where retrying after a game over would cause the play time to be added only when retrying a specific boss fight.
- Fixed an issue where the game would force-quit if you hit an enemy frozen by an Ice Missile with the Shine Spark in a certain way.
- Fixed an issue that caused Samus to move strangely when jumping at certain times in the Morph Ball Launcher.
- Fixed an issue where the final boss would get stuck on a wall and not be able to move during a certain attack, making it impossible to progress in the game.
- Fixed an issue where Samus would get stuck in the wall when defeating the E.M.M.I. in Ferenia in a certain position.
- Added a setting to restrict pictures of things like bugs in Fast Focus, Super Fast Focus, Speed Sorting, and Super Speed Sorting in each mode.
- After selecting a user, you can go to Options → Creepy Crawlies, and then choose to either Remove or Leave As Is.
- In Party, you can choose whether to restrict the display of these pictures after you select the users that will participate.
- If you restrict the display of these pictures, the variety within those activities will be reduced.
- If you restrict the display of these pictures, only Ghosts who have also restricted the display will appear in Ghost Clash for Fast Focus, Super Fast Focus, Speed Sorting, and Super Speed Sorting.
Pictures for which display will be restricted if you select ‘Remove’
Fast Focus, Super Fast Focus Speed Sorting, Super Speed Sorting Frog Snake Butterfly Butterfly Dragonfly Spider Snake Octopus Snail Squid Grasshopper Starfish Frog Ant Fly Grasshopper Praying Mantis Caterpillar Snail
- Moved the ‘Secret’ button, which hides your age, on the screen where you input your age to a position where it’s easier to find. If you’ve already created user data, you can select your user and go to the Options → Age screen and select the ‘Secret’ button.
- Added a display when you haven’t been issued a Ghost ID for how to obtain one at the top screen of Ghost Clash.
- Fixed an issue in Ghost Clash in which the opponent’s Ghost would stop moving.
- Fixed several other issues to improve the gameplay experience.