The latest update is out now…
Just in case players need a little more golf in their life, developer Camelot has you covered with a brand-new version 4.0.0 update for Mario Golf: Super Rush. The latest update comes packed with plenty of new additions, especially in the form of Shy Guy and Wriggler being included as new characters, two new courses and two additional game modes as well.
For the full patch notes on what the game offers, we have that information here, but we will be providing some of it here, especially the notes concerning characters, locations and modes:
New Playable Character: Wiggler
- Wiggler has been added as a playable character playable in matches. He is a power-type character that uses his long body to send the ball farther.
- When he uses a Special Shot or is attacked, he will become enraged and power up for a certain amount of time:
- Ball flight distance increases by 1.1 times.
- In “Speed Golf”, in addition to distance, running speed and Special Dash speed will be enhanced by 1.25 times. In addition, the Special Dash will change from a straight shot to a special shot that hits the ground and sends out a shockwave.
- His Special Shot has the effect of blowing away balls from its point of impact, as well as the surrounding area, due to the impact of the berries that are launched with it.
New Playable Character: Shy Guy
- Shy Guy has been added as a playable character to choose from in Matches. He is a well-balanced, all-around character that is easy to use in any situation.
- His Special Dash uses the help of the Fly Guys to keep him flying until his gauge runs out, or a button is pressed. Use it at the right time to get an advantage over your opponent.
- His Special Shot has the effect of blowing away balls around its point of impact.
New Golf Course: Shelltop Sanctuary
- Added the full course “Shelltop Sanctuary”, made entirely of short holes.
- Shelltop Sanctuary, where Cheep Cheeps fly to and fro, is a short course with all of its 18 holes being Par 3.
- Two difficulty levels can be selected: “Amateur”, and “Pro”. Switching between them will greatly change the location of the green.
New Golf Course: All-Star Summit
- Added the full course “All-Star Summit”, which uses illustrations of Mario and others as a motif.
- This course features familiar characters, and the design of the green and the bunkers is different from other courses, so you can enjoy employing a different kind of strategy.
- The brick blocks strewn throughout the course can be broken by hitting them with a shot, or special dash. Break them to acquire coins that refill your Energy.
- Get on top of the clouds found on the course to travel to opposite banks, or acquire Star Coins to fully charge your Energy.
New Mode: Target Golf
- A new mode that allows you to play with just tee shots, without needing to know the detailed rules of golf.
- Players take turns shooting a total of five balls at a circular target, competing for the highest score based on points awarded according to the position they hit. The closer the ball is to the center of the target, the higher the score will. If another player scores in an area first, however, the area will not be scored until the board resets. During play, ball types can change, and high-scoring targets appear that offer a chance for reversal.
- Can be played with Motion Controls.
- In the Play Golf menu, you can play against four other players with a single Joy-Con on a single Nintendo Switch. You can also play against four other players in Local Play and Online Play.
- In the Solo Challenge menu, you can also play the single player challenge content Solo Score Challenge, Target Golf. The challenge is to see how many points you can score before you miss three times, while the ball type and wind direction changes.
New Mode: One-On, One-Putt
- One-On, One-Putt has been added to Solo Score Challenge, a mode where you must hit the green on the first swing and then putt into the cup on the second swing. The first shot must be on the green and the second shot must be in the cup.
- You can play this mode on New Donk City and Shelltop Sanctuary, which consist of short courses only, in Amateur and Pro configurations, respectively. In Shelltop Sanctuary, there is a Special difficulty level that requires you to use a special club for each hole.
Are these changes enough to pull you back into the swing of things? Let us know!
About Mario Golf: Super Rush:
Hit the green with up to four players locally* or online** and golf with friends from the Super Mario™ series like Mario, Peach, Yoshi, and more! Modes range from Standard Golf to the energetic Speed Golf and an exciting Golf Adventure. Simple motion or button controls make it easy for both new players and seasoned pros to drive and putt.
Pick up the pace in Speed Golf and Battle Golf – Tee off at the same time with up to three other players* and race through the course to get your ball in first. Mayhem is par for the course as you hinder your opponents with dashes and Special Shots. Yoshi can dash atop a giant egg and King Bob-omb can pelt the green with explosions! In Battle Golf, watch out for obstacles like Thwomps, Chain Chomps, and banana peels as you navigate the neon-themed Super Golf Stadium.
Rise through the ranks in Golf Adventure – Enroll your Mii™ character in golf training at the famous Bonny Greens country club and go from beginner to pro! The stakes are high—you must also watch out for Wario and Waluigi’s tricks and even battle fearsome bosses. You’ll face off against your Mushroom Kingdom classmates and level up your character. You can bring your character (and their customized stats) into other modes, too.
Choose from one of 16 characters from the Super Mario series and hit the green in several modes! Take it slow in Standard Golf and choose from 3-18 holes across 6 different courses that range from lush scenery to windy wilds. Intuitive controls and a shot gauge that adapts to the curve of the course make it easy for both new players and seasoned pros to drive and putt. Characters include Mario Golf veterans like Mario, Luigi, and Peach. Characters like Pauline and Chargin’ Chuck are also here to make their debut on the green.
In addition to the frenetic Speed Golf, you can also enjoy simultaneously swinging in Battle Golf. The neon-soaked Super Golf Stadium has 9 open holes—first player to get 3 flags wins! Use obstacles, including Thwomps, Chain Chomps, Bob-ombs, and banana peels to your advantage. Up to four players* can join the fast and flashy fun.
Start your Golf Adventure as a rookie in Bonny Greens, birthplace of the sport in the Mushroom Kingdom. After learning the game at this classic country club, you’ll compete for the next badge, allowing you to journey across the land playing a variety of courses and their clever variants of the sport. You’ll meet new coaches, master new skills, and hunt for buried treasure on your quest to turn pro. Things get weird when Wario shows up, but what else is new? It’s not called Golf Adventure for no reason. Save par, save the world. All in a day’s golf!
Tags: Camelot, Mario Golf: Super Rush
This post was written by Jack Longman