Welcome to Switch History, the feature series dedicated to rounding up the software updates for Nintendo’s various Switch games. In today’s piece, we’re highlighting the updates for 2020’s Pokémon HOME application:
- Ver. 3.1.1 (Released September 26, 2023)
- Ver. 3.1.0 (Released September 12, 2023)
- Ver. 3.0.0 (Released May 29, 2023)
- Ver. 2.0.2 (Released September 20, 2022)
- Ver. 2.0.1 (Released May 26, 2022)
- Ver. 2.0.0 (Released May 17, 2022)
- Ver. 1.2.1 (Released December 8, 2020)
- Ver. 1.2.0 (Released October 22, 2020)
- Ver. 1.1.1 (Released June 30, 2020)
- Ver. 1.1.0 (Released June 16, 2020)
- Ver. 1.0.1 (Released March 17, 2020)
Ver. 3.1.1 (Released September 26, 2023):
- A number of issues have been addressed to help ensure a more user-friendly experience.
Ver. 3.1.0 (Released September 12, 2023):
- Added compatibility with The Hidden Treasure of Area Zero – Part 1: The Teal Mask DLC for the Pokémon Scarlet or Pokémon Violet game.
The following issues have also been addressed:
- There was a chance that the effects of items that change a Pokemon’s Ability were not reflected in other software. For more details about this issue, please check the “News” section in the mobile version of Pokémon HOME.
- A number of other issues have been addressed to help ensure a more user-friendly experience.
Ver. 3.0.0 (Released May 29, 2023):
- Support for Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet
- Added new Research Tasks for Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet
- Added a function allowing players to trade Pokémon HOME points for LP (League Points)
- Added a feature allowing players to change a Pokémon’s moves from the Nintendo Switch version of Pokémon HOME
- When bringing a Pokémon from Pokémon HOME into a linked game, players will now be able to change the moves it knows from among a list of moves it has learned up to that point (with some exclusions).
Ver. 2.0.2 (Released September 20, 2022):
- Addressed an issue related to connection to the server.
Ver. 2.0.1 (Released May 26, 2022):
- Fixed an issue in which certain users encountered an error (“Error code: 10015”) when selecting “Save changes and exit” from the Boxes menu while linking to a game. Affected users who encountered the “Error code: 10015” error while the issue was present (from May 17, 2022, at 11:00pm PDT to May 26, 2022, at 6:00pm PDT) and enrolled in the Premium Plan at the time will receive an extension to their Premium Plan subscription.
- Users who are eligible for the extension but are currently enrolled in the Basic Plan will be given 10 days of Premium Plan service starting from when they next log in.
- Users who are eligible for the extension and are currently enrolled in the Premium Plan will have 10 days of Premium Plan service added to their plan’s current expiration date. (Your plan’s original expiration date will continue to be displayed. The extension will be applied once the current plan expires.)
Ver. 2.0.0 (Released May 17, 2022):
- Support for Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Pokémon Shining Pearl
- Support for Pokémon Legends: Arceus
- Added software for Research Tasks
- Added software for Pokémon Home points
Ver. 1.2.1 (Released December 8, 2020):
- For some Pokémon that are transferred from Pokémon GO, we have added a process where “moves that originally shouldn’t be learned” are forgotten and “moves that should originally be learned” are learned.
- This processing has been added to handle the issue that was occurring between November 11-16, 2020 where “Pokémon that were being transferred from Pokémon GO to Pokémon HOME could learn “moves” that they were originally not supposed to learn”. (The issue that was causing this problem has already been fixed.)
- In order to perform this process, there is a need to link the “Pokémon Sword/Shield” and “Pokémon HOME” where the target Pokémon exists and to save the game data.
- We also fixed a number of issues so that gameplay is more enjoyable.
Ver. 1.2.0 (Released October 22, 2020):
- Part 2 of the Pokémon Sword Expansion Pass or Pokémon Shield Expansion Pass is now supported.
- Fixed a number of issues so that users can enjoy services more comfortably.
Ver. 1.1.1 (Released June 30, 2020):
- Fixed a bug about Pokémon not being registered to the Isle of Armor Pokédex when taking Pokémon from Pokémon HOME to Pokémon Sword or Pokémon Shield.
- After downloading the update data, connect Pokémon HOME to Pokémon Sword or Pokémon Shield and save in Pokémon HOME to register the Pokémon that was not registered in Pokédex.
Ver. 1.1.0 (Released June 16, 2020):
- Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield Expansion Pass # 1 “The Isle of Armor” is now supported.
Ver. 1.0.1 (Released March 17, 2020):
- Fixed several issues to improve gameplay experience.