“May the force be with you.”
If you’re wishing to travel to a galaxy far, far away, you’re in luck, because the Nintendo Switch already has three Star Wars games for players to jump into right now and there’s another two on their way!
Star Wars Pinball
Release Date: September 13, 2019 (EU & NA) / December 13, 2019 (JP)
Players: up to 4 players
Genre: Simulation, Application
Game File Size: 1.4 GB
Feel the power of the Force™ in Star Wars™ Pinball!
19 TABLES CELEBRATING A GALAXY FAR, FAR AWAY
• Movie Adaptations: Episodes IV – VIII; Rogue One: A Star Wars Story; Solo: A Star Wars Story
• TV Adaptations: Star Wars: The Clone Wars and Star Wars Rebels
• Characters: Han Solo, Darth Vader, Lando Calrissian in the Calrissian Chronicles table, Boba Fett, Droids
• Locations: Ahch-To Island, Mimban
• Themes: Jedi versus Sith in Masters of the Force, X-wings vs. TIE fighters in Starfighter Assault, or experience the Might of the First Order
NINTENDO SWITCH™ EXCLUSIVE FEATURES AND MODES
In addition to HD Rumble and vertical play, Star Wars Pinball boasts several new features and modes exclusive to Nintendo Switch as a standalone product:
• Galactic Struggle: Every Star Wars Pinball player in the galaxy will choose to support the light or dark side in a perpetual online digital tug-of-war between the forces of good and evil. Which path will you choose?
• Career Mode: Designed with short on-the-go gameplay sessions in mind, this mode challenges you to complete very specific pinball-based missions across all 19 tables.
o Choose the path of the Jedi or the Sith as you progress through 50 career ranks.
o Some missions involve mastering awesome Star Wars-themed mini-games that might be difficult for some players to access through regular play, such as piloting an X-wing or TIE fighter or fighting Darth Vader in a lightsaber duel.
• Force Powers and Talents: Collect Holocron Shards during missions to unlock Force powers and talents that yield special in-game bonuses when activated, such as multipliers, slowing down time and more.
• Cantina Jukebox: Collect the greatest tunes in the galaxy as you play each table. Once you’ve heard a song, you can listen to it any time you like in the game lobby.
Also, challenge anyone in the galaxy through Galactic Tournaments, League Play and, of course, old-fashioned high scores achieved through Single Player mode.
STAR WARS Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast
Release Date: September 24, 2019 (EU & NA)
Players: 1 player
Genre: Action, Adventure
Game File Size: 1.1 GB
Kyle Katarn’s classic adventure lands on Nintendo Switch™! Experience the legendary single-player epic with modernized controls.
- As Kyle Katarn, agent of the New Republic, use your Lightsaber and the full power of the Force to combat a new evil plaguing the galaxy.
- Choose wisely from an arsenal of 13 weapons including disruptor rifle, thermal detonators, trip mines, and Wookiee bowcaster.
- Test your skills in 24 single-player missions, four epic boss fights, and one unforgettable cantina.
STAR WARS Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy
Release Date: March 26, 2020 (EU & NA)
Players: up to 16 players
Genre: Action, Adventure
Game File Size: 3.6 GB
The online multiplayer classic comes to Nintendo Switch™ with modernized controls. Take on the role of a new student eager to learn the ways of the Force from Jedi Master Luke Skywalker.
- Play with up to 16 online players in six online multiplayer modes including: Siege, Capture the Flag, and Free for All.
- Customize your character by defining both look and gender before entering the Academy to learn the power and dangers of the Force.
- Construct your own Lightsaber from handle to blade. As you progress, discover the power of wielding two Lightsabers or the ultimate double-bladed Lightsaber made famous by Darth Maul.
- Interact with famous STAR WARS characters in many classic STAR WARS locations as you face the ultimate choice: fight for good and freedom on the light side or follow the path of power and evil to the dark side.
Upcoming New Adventures:
Star Wars Episode I: Racer
Recent News: Although the Star Wars Episode I: Racer remaster was meant to release in May 2020, the title has been recently delayed for PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch, resulting in a TBD release date.
Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga
Recent News: It is rumoured Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga will release on the Nintendo Switch on October 20, 2020.
We hope you found this guide helpful!
This post was written by Solid Jack