Good things come to those who wait and god damn it, this new update for Super Bomberman R, is the absolute bomb!
10 new Bomber characters have been added to the game and 1 is Solid Snake, whilst the other is Naked Snake. Raiden has also been thrown into the mix but the Snake Bombers, are voiced by David Hayter, aka the voice of Snake! The full details on what the new update entails (more than just new characters,) can be seen below:
Update Release 26/06/2018 (version 2.1):
- The Grand Prix mode now has the new “Checkpoints” rule.
- Checkpoints: Players scramble for areas known as “Checkpoints” in the stage. Occupied checkpoints provide a certain amount of point every 10 seconds. At the end of the round, additional points are given for the occupied checkpoints.
- 3 types of Metal Gear stages have been added for you to enjoy the Checkpoint rule.
- New characters are available in the shop.
- Solid Snake Bomber
- Naked Snake Bomber
- Raiden Bomber
- Bill Bomber
- Lance Bomber
- Vic Viper ZERO Bomber
- Ayako Katagiri Bomber
- Ebisumaru Bomber
- Xavier Woods Bomber
- New accessories have been added.
- The mercy invincibility when characters revive in the Grand Prix is lifted when a bomb is placed.
- The rules for accomplishing a perfect in Grand Prix have been changed. – In Crystal, a perfect is accomplished when you possess all the crystals in the stage for 15 seconds.
- The special abilities of the following characters have been adjusted:
- Shiori Fujisaki Bomber: Lag after activation 1.0 sec →3 sec, stun time 2.2 sec → 2 sec, recharge time 5 sec → 8 sec.
- Dracula Bomber: Lag after placement 0.5 sec →3 sec, duration 30 sec → infinity, bomb speed 6 → 6.6
- Goemon Bomber: Smoke now appears when special ability is activated.
- Princess Tomato Bomber: Special ability can be interrupted by pressing the button again.
- Various other small bugs have been fixed.
Source: KonamiTags: David Hayter, Konami, Nintendo Switch, patch notes, Solid Snake, Super Bomberman R
This post was written by Jack Longman