Matt Kim from US Gamer had a chat with Psyonix VP Jeremy Dunham at E3 2017 about their game Rocket League coming to the Nintendo Switch. Jeremy Dunham was very happy for Rocket League to come to the Switch and is well on board with cross play between Switch & XBox. Here is details that also came from the interview.
– Even if Rocket League isn’t the most graphically challenging game, it’s very dependent on the physics, which forced Psyonix to trade off marginally better resolution if it meant getting the game to run properly on the Switch version
– Mario Kart 8 Deluxe’s success Switch was a huge motivator for the Psyonix team to get it right on the Switch
“In terms of pure greenlighting for when this project started, three months ago. If you wanna talk about when we first started investigating, messing with dev kits, late last year was about when we first started looking at it.”
– Nintendo first contacted Psyonix about a potential Switch outing before the console was even officially announced
– 8-player local multiplayer
– two-player split screen on a single Switch with each player using a single Joy-Con (party style)
– Works with the Switch Pro Controller
And if you are yet to see the trailer for Rocket League, we also have that covered.
Gaming, June Feature, Nintendo, Nintendo Switch, Psyonix, Rocket League, videogames
This post was written by Mike Scorpio