THQ Nordic will be bringing their RPG title Battle Chasers: Nightwar to the Nintendo Switch along with a physical version as well but as with the likes of RiME & Sine Mora EX, It will come with a $10 increased mark up. According to Amazon US, the PS4, Xbox One and PC versions will be $29.99 but the Switch version will cost $39.99. I guess $10 dollars more is the price we have to pay if we want to enjoy console gaming on the go with Nintendo Switch.
Here is the box art for the game which does look pretty cool:
Battle Chasers: Nightwar is an RPG inspired by the classic console greats, featuring deep dungeon diving, turn-based combat presented in a classic JRPG format, and a rich story driven by exploration of the world.
- Plan for survival. The desolate town of Harm’s Way is your only place to prepare. Choose three of the many heroes you’ve unlocked, fill your travel backpack with items from your stash, make sure you’ve chosen the best equipment and abilities for each hero… and then strike out.
- Explore an overworld presented in classic form (and in real time), peppered with hidden dungeons, rare bosses and randomly appearing friends and foes, as well as a useful arsenal of Dungeon Abilites for every character
- Old-school combat inspired by the console RPG greats, with a unique two-tiered mana system and turn-based initiative, featuring random buffs and debuffs on initiative slots
- Action oriented, randomly-generated dungeons loaded with traps, puzzles and secrets. Use each hero’s unique dungeon skills to survive
- Non-linear story driven by the discovery of lore on items, landmarks and secret elements in the world. Discovering these will both provide deeper insight into the mysterious Lost Vale, and also reward lore points, which are used to upgrade the heroes’ different abilities
- Truly key story moments will be depicted in gorgeous, traditional 2D animation from Powerhouse Animation Studios (the studio that did the animated Darksiders cutscenes). For these, sit back and enjoy
This post was written by Mike Scorpio