Not too long ago, WayForward announced that Shantae: Half-Genie Hero will be coming to the Nintendo Switch some time in Summer. Well it appears that Summer must be upon us already as a listing for Shantae: Half-Genie Hero has appeared on the European eShop for Switch with a June 8th release date. There’s no news for a physical release but you can pick up the digital version for £15.99/€16.99. North America will most likely see a release on the same day.
Here is an overview of the game that has come from the eShop listing.
Shantae embarks on her first full HD adventure! When a mysterious crime wave sweeps Seguin Land, it’s up to Half-Genie Hero Shantae to save the day! Use Shantae’s devastating Hair-Whip Attack to send monsters flying, or Belly Dance to transform into a more powerful creature form! Topple the masterminds behind each criminal caper and prepare for the ultimate showdown against Shantae’s arch nemesis – the bodacious buccaneer Risky Boots!
– Feel the beat with over 150 different HD Rumble events!
– Shantae’s trademark moves return! Dance or transform into all-new and classic creatures, or summon magical attacks! Over a dozen dances to discover in all!
– New Relic System allows players to unlock new powers and customize moves for Shantae in her many forms!
– Conquer arcade-style action stages that unfold into a full world to explore. Fast action and quest-style exploration rolled into one!
– When Shantae’s story ends, you’re just getting started! DLC Modes introduce new characters, levels, and bosses!
– Huge Bosses, humerous dialogue, and the wonderfully weird Shantae cast returns, now in fully animated HD!
And of course, here are some screenshots courtesy of Nintendo Everything that have come from the Switch eShop listing for Shantae: Half-Genie Hero.
This post was written by Mike Scorpio