With the Splatoon 2 Testfire set to get underway tomorrow, a little earlier today, official Japanese details and videos regarding the available weapon sets made its way to the internet. Fast forward a good few hours, the English details have followed suit and since there’s a ton of information, it’s only natural we’d want to compile it all into one place.
So strap yourself in because here’s our guide/your lesson in the arsenal you can expect to use and go up against during the testfire and it includes both videos and written text:
- Splattershot (Main): Latest model of the iconic weapon that embodies the spirt of Turf War.
- Burst Bomb (Sub): Explodes as soon as it hits anything.
- Tenta Missile (Special): Fire devastating homing missiles at multiple targets.
- Splat Charger (Main): Long-ranfe weapon suited for picking off distant foes. Enter squid form (ZL) while holding ZR to store your charge for a bit.
- Splat Bomb (Sub): Explodes a short while after thrown.
- Sting Ray (Special): Fires a ray of pressurized ink that can shoot through walls and travel long distances.
- Splat Roller (Main): Perfect for getting up close and personal. Press ZR in midair to fling a narrow, concentrated volley of ink.
- Suction Bomb (Sub): Sticks to surfaces such as walls or the ground.
- Splashdown (Special): Jump into the air and then strike the ground, sending an explosion of ink onto nearby players and surfaces.
- Splat Dualies (Main): Spray ink from of your hands with this new weapon type. Press B while shooting with ZR to roll in the direction you’re moving.
- Curling Bomb (Sub): Slides across the ground, bouncing off the walls.
- Ink Jet (Special): Temporarily hover in the air and splat foes below with a blob launcher.
We hope you found our little guide helpful and wish you the best of luck with weekend long Testfire! So until next time, Stay Fresh!
This post was written by Solid Jack