Field Testing for the Mobile Game Pokemon GO has just begun in Japan. For players who received an invite to Beta test the game, they’ll be able to download it via the special e-mail received.For those of you in Japan, if you haven’t received your email, I am afraid you didn’t make the grade, sorry. As field testing progresses, more players will be entered to test Pokémon GO for themselves. Though Niantic are against its users leaking details about the game, to the point of banning users that have leaked said information, a fair amount of details have been revealed and have been compiled in the list below:
- There will be no battles against wild Pokémon, instead you simply catch them directly using various Poké Balls.
- Trainers are customizable with different options.
- 137 different attack names have been found in the game’s code, confirming battle systems. Some of the moves include Flamethrower and Hyper Beam.
- There are an additional 95 “fast” versions of the discovered 137 attacks.
- Players will receive a starter Pokémon, though in the beta version this does not happen.
- A new game function with the name “Starburst” has been discovered – details surrounding it are unknown.
- References to Google Cardboard, a mobile VR peripheral, have been found within the game’s data.
- There are three “teams” the player can join: Red Team, Blue Team, or Yellow Team.
- Only first generation Pokémon exist in the beta; it’s unclear if this will be the case for the final version of the game.
- There are multiple versions of the defense stat, though the reasoning behind this is unclear.
- There are seven object categories: Poké Ball, Potion, Revive, Maps, Battle Objects, Food, and Camera. Food and Camera details are unspecified.
- The following items are the only ones available in the beta: Poké Ball, Great Ball, Ultra Ball, Master Ball, Potion, Super Potion, Hyper Potion, Max Potion, Max Revive, X Attack, X Defense, X Miracle, Razz Berry, Bluk Berry, Nanab Berry, Wepear Berry, Pinap Berry, and Special Camera.
- X Miracle is a new item. Its effects are unknown as of right now.
- Pokémon Natures are present, but differ from the main games. Currently, the ones found are: Stoic, Assassin, Guardian, Raider, Protector, Sentry, and Champion. Their roles are currently unknown.
- Microtransactions are available.
- A day-night cycle is confirmed.
- Normal, Legendary, and Mythical Pokémon are all present, and Pokémon are categorized as such.
- There is no evidence of Mega Evolution, however it’s unknown if this is only true for the beta.
- Supposedly, Pokémon are only allowed two moves during Gym Battles.
To add to the excitement even more, YouTuber Sam Clark has shared a video that showcases beta gameplay from Pokémon GO. It’s gives us a good look at the customization process for characters. The video can be seen below:
Sources: Serebii.net / Nintendo Inquirer
This post was written by Mike Scorpio