It is a mournful week for Nintendo Fans as two respected members of The Pokemon Company International and Level 5 have passed away. Creative Design Director Eric Medalle from The Pokemon Company International died on Sunday during a windstorm and Akira Tago, Puzzle Designer for the Professor Layton Series died aged 90 falling ill to interstitial pneumonia on March 6th.
Akira Tago was a revered Author and Psychologist who made his debut with his best-selling quiz book, “Atama No Taiso” (Brain Exercises) in 1966. It spun 22 sequels and has sold 12 million copies by 2001. He was credited as the “Puzzle Master” by his peers for his work on the Professor Layton Series.
Eric Medalle died when a massive tree fell on top of his SUV. Thankfully, one of his daughters who were with him at the time, survived the accident and only suffered minor Injuries. Medalle was credited with working on several games in the Pokemon Series. Here is a list of the games he worked on, courtesy of Bulbapedia:
– Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire: English & European Graphic Design
– Pokemon X and Y: English & European Graphic Design
– Pokemon Black and White Versions 2: English Version Artwork
– Pokemon Conquest: Graphic Design
– Pokemon Black and White Versions: English Version Artwork
– Pokemon Ranger: Guardian Signs: English-Version Graphic Design
– Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver Versions: English-Version Artwork
– Pokemon Ranger: Shadows of Almia: English Version Artwork
Our sincere condolences to both Tago’s and Medalle’s family during this tough time.
Categorised in: Announcement
This post was written by Mike Scorpio