It was rumoured not that long ago that a Nintendo was working on an amiibo based game developed by Nintendo Software Technology (The firm behind the Mario vs Donkey Kong Series) and would be compatible with all amiibo figures which would have some kind of function in- game.
See Article: Is There A New amiibo Based Game On The Horizon?
Well, It has just been announced by Nintendo that a new game will be coming to the Wii U & 3DS or at least in Japan at the end of this month. The game is called “Mini Mario & Friends amiibo Challenge” and has the same aesthetic as Mario vs. Donkey Kong. You can see it for yourself in the promotional video below.
starting from January 28, you will be able to download the game for free using a download code that will be packed with amiibo figures. Nintendo are also planning to have Mini Mario & Friends available for free in the eShop some time in the near future. The game will consume up to 322MB on Wii U and 2,400 blocks on the 3DS. It is not yet known however, when the game will become available in the US & Europe.
Here is what we know to date:
– Touch an amiibo and characters from the toys will appear
– Use the touchscreen to lead them to the goal
– Can use any amiibo
– If you use anything other than Mario and Donkey Kong series (Kid Icarus, Link, etc.) the toy character will default into a generic robot named “Mini Spec”
– Using amiibos from Mario and Donkey Kong series will generate unique toy characters
– The toy character will automatically move forward in courses riddled with traps like pitfalls and enemies
– Draw bridges, add/remove pipes and blocks, etc. to help toys reach the goal
– Some amiibo have special abilities
– There are also special stages that can only be accessed with these special abilities
– Ex: there’s a special goal in a stage that is only reachable with Mini Mario’s wall jump
– When you reach this goal, you’ll go through a special stage exclusive to Mini Mario
– The total number of stages here is over 60
– Mini Mario: Can wall jump
– Mini Luigi: Can jump higher than other toy characters
– Mini Peach: Can float for a short distance
– Mini Toad: Can shrink himself, allowing to pass through small gaps
– Mini Donkey Kong: Can climb steep hills
– Mini Diddy Kong: Can cling on platforms when falling then climb back to it (Note: does not apply to platforms of the same height before falling)
– Mini Bowser: When falling from a cliff, will do a stomping jump (which seems to destroy fragile bricks)
– Mini Bowser Jr: Can walk on spikes
– Mini Yoshi: Can eat some enemies
– Mini Rosalina: Can do a super jump next to a wall
Well Guys & Girls, that’s all from us for now, Until Next Time, Keep On Gaming!
This post was written by Mike Scorpio